Reptile Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please if people are going to be cowardly enough to send nasty private mails, have the decency to sign them and to get facts straight before posting. I have just received a mail accusing me of keeping torts in vivs and small enclosures from someone in a stinker of a mood LOL
Bloody amazing!

·
Registered
9,175 Posts
was this in regards to the thread re the wild tort being kept as a pet?

I heard there were a few pm's thrown about.

very sad, it's a forum and everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
i found a tortoise in greece, kept it for a few days and put it back in the wild, no harm done.... or was he talking about keeping it?

·
Registered
10,458 Posts

·
Banned
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
was this in regards to the thread re the wild tort being kept as a pet?

I heard there were a few pm's thrown about.

very sad, it's a forum and everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

I assume so but there was no thread attached - just nasty remarks. I see the moderators are allowed to add a snide comment after closing too!

·
Registered
10,458 Posts

·
Banned
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what was it about?

It more or less said to mind my own business and to think about the way I keep my torts (in vivs and small runs) before condemning anyone who cold keep them as nature intended!! If he said who he was then I could have invited him to visit my tort areas - or then again maybe not:Na_Na_Na_Na:

·
Registered
9,175 Posts
yeah i did notice the snide remark and to be honest thought it was more than a little out of order. Public forum - thought opinions were wanted. Not like a shop or anything was being slagged off.. he wanted opinions and he got it. We can't all give information what they WANT to hear!

I only saw the thread when it was locked, but i would have been right there behind you on it.

:bash:

·
Registered
9,175 Posts
It does baffle me sometimes. Some threads get to go on for page after page of blatent slagging people off..then threads which aren't kicking off..but someones asked for advice...get locked?

I'm sorry but i for one won't sit here giving out cushy,incorrect information just to make people feel better. We all want what's best for the welfae of the torts...mods included..so i don't see why it was locked..

Could have been cleaned up like threads in other sections get..but nope..just locked :? baffling tbh

·
Premium Member
23,539 Posts
Please if people are going to be cowardly enough to send nasty private mails, have the decency to sign them and to get facts straight before posting. I have just received a mail accusing me of keeping torts in vivs and small enclosures from someone in a stinker of a mood LOL
Bloody amazing!
:O thats cooking the animals! Not nice :(.
Was it the person who created that thread anyway?

·
Banned
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It does baffle me sometimes. Some threads get to go on for page after page of blatent slagging people off..then threads which aren't kicking off..but someones asked for advice...get locked?

I'm sorry but i for one won't sit here giving out cushy,incorrect information just to make people feel better. We all want what's best for the welfae of the torts...mods included..so i don't see why it was locked..

Could have been cleaned up like threads in other sections get..but nope..just locked :? baffling tbh

Well as my granny used to say 'It's not what you know, it's who you know!' LOL

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.