Reptile Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just something that's occured to me;

Does anybody have any Royal Morphs that are problematic feeders? I don't think I've ever seen a "Help, My Albino Royal won't eat!" thread!

I mean, surely there must be a few, and is it any more psychologically challenging for you knowing how much you paid for the snake to have it not feeding properly?

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
i thought that a few weeks ago :)..the conclusion i came to was...people who go out & buy expensive morphs are *usually* a bit more experienced & probably would know what to do anyway, & would know that 9 times out of 10 its not really an issue, only if the snakes loses weight..thansk what i thought anyway lol :)

·
Registered
17,204 Posts
Plus breeders are more likely to get the snakes feeding properly before selling them on. The last thing they need is someone complaining and starting a smear campaign on the forums about them selling ill or non feeding royals worth lots of money.

·
Registered
9,462 Posts
Spiders or spider based morphs are renowned for pounding down food but not sure if there are any that are renowned for dodgy feeding, I know a lot of people think that super cinny's are psychos, and I would agree :lol2:

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Spiders or spider based morphs are renowned for pounding down food but not sure if there are any that are renowned for dodgy feeding, I know a lot of people think that super cinny's are psychos, and I would agree :lol2:
could not agree more my spider just does not stop

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
i have a wee 07 normal. when i bought her she was left in her own tub. first night here she took a fuzzy, and that was her. she acted like she was afraid of the mice. i even read somewhere that non feeders ate after a car journey, which may have ezplained why she ate the night she got here. so i loaded her, in her tub, into car, and took her on a trip. didnt work nothing did. she was losing weight rapidly so after trying everything, i took her to vet expecting him to suggest that she just didnt want to be here.
we decided to try tube feeding for three weeks to get wee bit weight on and give her a bit of strength. that was couple of months ago, hr weight was down to 60grams. now she is strike feeding every feed, and is up to 120grams.
i also have a g stripe who is over breeding weight stop feeding two weeks ago, but possibly because he wants a wife. none of my females are up to weight thoigh. and a mojave female who is on brink of eating, but stopped for ages.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I paid 2.5k for a piebald which is a bad feeder! imagine the stress!

but yes my spider will eat anything anytime and even in shed. he is an 06 and last weigh in was 750grams

·
Premium Member
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I paid 2.5k for a piebald which is a bad feeder! imagine the stress!

but yes my spider will eat anything anytime and even in shed. he is an 06 and last weigh in was 750grams
So there is one! I feel for you!

·
Registered
17,204 Posts
My pied is an animal when theres food around but my spider was a slow starter. He spent most of his time afraid of rat pups and i nicknamed him pussy.

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
Oddly enough all my morphs feed and grow better than my normal for example i have 3 2006 royals i hatched myself and feed every 7-10 days and they're still 250-350g i have a 2006 mojave fed on the same schedule who is pushing 850g a 2006 albino who is 450g and pastel which is 600g so i guess it's pot luck. However my male adult bee does live with someone else as he's a fussy one who only likes his food moving and i don't have the means or heart to feed big live rats but once he's on defrost he shall return here.

Rachel

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Every single one of my morphs are great feeders, and I have a lot of different morphs. There was one picky purple albino retic which was a problematic feeder but now is a pig as the rest of them.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Original post by Akua_Ko_Nalu
So would the genetics or mutations cause certain habits or traits? Such as strong feeding or porr feeding? Or is it all still down to the individual animal?
I'd say that you've 'got it in one' there........all animals are individuals & yes, they will alter their habits dependant upon the surroundings & the capabilities of their keeper.

I would hope that everyone complete some research on an animal that they intend to keep, however, that is not always the way.

I determine the 'research' that has been carried out by the respective buyer & go from there, regardless to the total cost of the animal.

Lex

1 - 18 of 18 Posts