Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my small milksnake has decided not to eat for 5 feeds now,so bloody irritating,temps are fine.

tonight tryed tempting him but got striked at,nearly sent the christmas tree flying i jumped so much.is theyre anything else i can try him on as he refuses pinkies?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
have you tried putting a small hole in the pinky's head and giving it a little squeeze till juices come out a bit?? It's not pleasant but sometimes works.

Della

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep tryed that,weve named him rascal now lol.its got a real attitude on him at the mo.

he shed last week so that might explain him not eating for a week or so but this is getting really silly now.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
approx 52 cms long,kept in a 2ft viv with heat mat and heat lamp controlled by thermostate.same temp as my corn snake tank.(corn snake is eating well).fed every five days or so.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
It may be down to the time of year - shorter days and cooler weather having slowed him down a bit.

Has the viv been moved recently? Or has anything else happened/changed that could have stressed him out?

Bit of a long shot this - is there any chance he could have ingested any substrate and got a blockage or become constipated?

Can't really suggest an alternative to pinkies as such, but at 52cm he's probably ready to go onto fluffs. But the main thing at the moment though is just to get him to eat something!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
everything was moved around before i got him,so nothing stressfulls happened.its driving me nuts,and such a waste of food.

gonna keep having a go,gona try putting him in a tub with the pinkie tonight.then least i will know ive tryed everything.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Trying him in a tub with the food overnight is definitely worth a go.

Something that worked for me with a young non-feeding CRB was to put small screwed up balls of newspaper in the tub as well - just makes them feel more secure I reckon. So if it you think it may be a stress/insecurity thing it's worth trying.

When you say he's missed 5 feeds, how long are we talking about? 5 weeks? 5 days?
If you're only leaving a couple of days between attempts maybe try leaving him alone for a week and then try.

Only other thing I can think of at the moment is, have you changed your pinky supplier recently? (Even if it was a few feeds before he started refusing.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts