Reptile Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a proven pair of dumerils boas for sale, they have produced over 50 healthy offspring over the 5 years i have had them, very friendly nature, breed each year without fail.

Full Cities paperwork and micro chiped.

Call jay anytime for gauranteed friendly response

PM for quick questions.

Pics can be e-mailed upon request (as i am having troubles uploading pics at the moment.

·
Registered
7,147 Posts
Is that price correct?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If people are genuinly interested they will make a sensible offer, i don't let any of my animals go to time wasters.

·
Registered
7,147 Posts
If people are genuinly interested they will make a sensible offer, i don't let any of my animals go to time wasters.
Fair comment ... Good luck with the sale : victory:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
c'mon guys, make me an offer, i priced them high to prevent time wasters and inexperiences reptile huggers.
:welcome:
I will of course consider sensible offers.

These snakes are totally unrelated, cities docs, micro chipped, proven breeders over 5 years, have produced over 40 offspring, never any slugs,

I never seperate for breeding, they are no hassle at all.

Feed on jumbo rats and adult quail, slough very well with no complications, shit like you wouldnt believe.

PM for mare details.

Jay

·
Registered
8,836 Posts
250 lol

well if you check average prices males go for about 100ish and females at about 150ish so how do you think 250 each is a starting point?

also how many years have you bred them in a row? and you say at the top of the page they have had over 50 babies but lower down it says over 40 so which is it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Easy mate

You lot are so defensive on here.

5 consecutive years i have bred these two dumerils boas for, 40 / 50 does it matter,

I was dictating post to my girlfriend whilst i was cooking, she must have miss heard me. its a minor detail, DEFRA have all the data, and if i look hard enough i could find the reg docs for each group of neonates.

We are talking adult snakes here, with a proven track history, large individuals, great temperatment, microchipped, never any health issues.

£250 a pair if they are young, related, unsexed, not micro chipped, but my two are none of those things.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
oh dear.let battle commence:lol2:..he,s right about the price tho..£250 is about right for a pair but nowt seems to be selling at the moment..good luk with the sale tho mate..i luv my dums:flrt:

·
Registered
8,836 Posts
youre wrong

but 5 years in a row puts a lot on the females, i wouldnt do more than 3 in a row before a year off so if you have done 5 years in a row who ever buys will have to wait a year to try again

also i bought a breeding pair for £250 and my partner had a breeding pair she got for £265 so i suggest looking again at prices

good luck trying to sell for £700 though it will be fun seeing how many offers you get at that price

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
clarification

Let me clear a few things up.

1. My dums are extemely healthy.
2. They mean alot to me, thats why i am asking for a higher price than normal.
3. I know 700 is a silly price, but but i wanted to shy away from those that just want a big snake to show off to their mates.
4. Those of you out there that are professional and genuine can make me a sensible offer and negotiations can commense calmly and professionally.
5. I did not come on here for arguments, and heated discussions, or to become apart of peoples opinions that think they know everything. This should be about discussions, exchange of ideas, constructive critasm and advice.

·
Registered
8,836 Posts
well

i did offer you 250 and you only said that would be a starting point for each one so why ask for decent offers if youre not prepared for a decent offer?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I think people need to stop being so negative on his ad, he said the price was £700 to stop timewasters, and that he's looking for offers. If you want to have a go at him over price why don't you do it via private message? £250 would be a good price for neonates, but considering they're proven breeders I think anywhere between £300 and £400 would be a good price.

·
Registered
7,147 Posts
I think people need to stop being so negative on his ad, he said the price was £700 to stop timewasters, and that he's looking for offers. If you want to have a go at him over price why don't you do it via private message? £250 would be a good price for neonates, but considering they're proven breeders I think anywhere between £300 and £400 would be a good price.
Neonates sell from £75 now ... A couple of years ago Adult Dumerils would sell for £250 each ... Not now, there have been alot for sale lately and most remain unsold.

£400 would be a good price for the seller to start negotiating down from.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Neonates sell from £75 now ... A couple of years ago Adult Dumerils would sell for £250 each ... Not now, there have been alot for sale lately and most remain unsold.

£400 would be a good price for the seller to start negotiating down from.
I was on about £250 for a pair.... not individually, that would be crazy.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
agreed, really over priced, but if u can get that much why not:2thumb:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Why is it that people have to 'chip in' to someone else's advert?
If someone has overpriced something then that is their mistake/decision. I don't seem to see people sending in comments saying -'you've priced that too low'....
You wouldn't say to someone selling a BMW or Audi - 'crikey you can get a skoda for much less'.....
And as someone else has already pointed out - if you're going to make an offer then do it in private.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts