Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question, does anybody know if its possible to buy these, or does anybody have any information on them? Thanks Brian aka Saint!:2thumb:

·
Premium Member
7,237 Posts
Don't think you can buy them, but they are awesome.

What do you wish to know?

·
Premium Member
7,237 Posts
ARe they protected Grant?? and maybe the potentail buyer could try german sites they seem to be able to get hold of the more exotic and hot animals
Nah, there's plenty of species in the UK anyway. They are just quite hard to spot, but once you know where to look they are usually not too hard to find.

I've comes across 2-3 species in my randon searches. You usually need a microscope and deads to ID them however.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pseudoscorpion

Thanks for the replies!
I was just curious, what sort of environment do the live in, are they poisonous? are they arachnids?
Thanks!:2thumb:

·
Premium Member
7,237 Posts
They are venomous to small inverts, none known to be dangerous to man. They basically just eat small mites, collembola and such and are pretty cool. I would type more detail but I'm making my tea atm! :lol2:

They are pretty diverse, occur all over the UK from houses to the sea shore, but most are either humid forest / soil types or more arid house / beach types, to generalise.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pseudoscorpion

Sorry to disturb you while you have your tea!!:lol2: would i be able to find them here in Brighton? you can eat before you answer this!!! :lol2: hahaha.

·
Premium Member
7,237 Posts
Sorry to disturb you while you have your tea!!:lol2: would i be able to find them here in Brighton? you can eat before you answer this!!! :lol2: hahaha.
hahah, no worries dude. Yeah you should be able to find a fair few.

My advice to find them is go find a fairly well rotten tree stump or such in a decent area of woodland. If you break up some of the rotten wood and spread it thinly over a white tray you might have some success finding some. They tend to play dead so you might have to wait for a couple minutes after spreading to allow them to move where you can spot them.

Other habitat includes lead litter in woodland and also compost heaps in natural gardens which usually turns up a few species, but be prepared to search a lot and not always hit success. I searched for my first living Pseudoscorpion for nearly 3 years before I found some in a local compost heap.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help, I'm gonna see if I can find me some!:notworthy:

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I have to admit i'v never found one dispite having a wood on my door step :blush: ..must sieve more leaves.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts