Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a red setter puppy and when playing it starts biting, I know it doesn't mean any harm and its just playing but is there a way I can stop her from doing it and teach her not to do it?

·
Registered
37 Posts
It does stop eventually. I found the best thing to do was to let out a whimper and then just ignore for a while.

·
Registered
12,631 Posts
As soon as the teeth come out, stop playing with her and say "No bite." Give her some time to cool down and then you can start playing again. She should learn that putting teeth to skin is a no-no.
Some people also give them a toy instead to gnaw on, so they learn if they want to put their teeth to something, only a toy is acceptable.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just tried ignoring her and it helped, she has calmed down and is just lying next to me, she's got so much energy its hard for her to let it out indoors. We've got another week to wait until we can take her out for walks... Oh god

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just tried ignoring her and it helped, she has calmed down and is just lying next to me, she's got so much energy its hard for her to let it out indoors. We've got another week to wait until we can take her out for walks... Oh god
It does get so much easier :2thumb:

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She's fast asleep now, it goes from completely mental to passed out. She's hard work but she's lovely :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts