Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have 3 leopard geckos,2 normal 1 albino phase,which i got a couple weeks ago and kept it in a small viv.Anyway when i introduced the albino one to my male and female (the albino being a female,don't worry i know the rules lol), they were'nt best pleased,the female had a bit of a go with her and the male occasionally went to bite her,so i was wondering if anyone else has been through this problem and what they did about it.

Thanks

·
Registered
475 Posts
Are they all the same size? If the new one is smaller than the other two, that's your problem. They will pick on a smaller gecko. :(

If they are all the same size, then did you completely clean out the existing geckos viv, disinfecting all hides and viv furniture so all trace of the other two's scent was erradicated? I did this when I introduced a new female to my other female pair. They've been fine and they've been together about 3 months now. Geckos can be quite territorial, even females.

If you have completely cleaned the viv, then you may have to accept that they won't welcome another female i'm afraid :roll:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice guys and girls,I had already cleaned the viv out,but anyway yeh they're all the same size,and i've re-introduced the female to the pair and they're getting along.thanks for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts