Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it okay to keep and breed a 1.1 pair of pygmy chams because I am reading a lot and some people keep them like this while others says the female will get to stressed.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Introduce another one or two females to ease the stress from the male

·
Premium Member
7,484 Posts
I agree, I would always keep one male to 2-3 females

They are now thankfully quite easy to keep alive and to breed but the laying process takes a huge amount of the females Ca reserves and many do not live that long after laying.

I think that this can be improved upon by adding liquid Ca to the water/misting/rain systems.

Then if your UV system is re-creating the wild index this should help to keep them ready for the next period of laying.

small calci worms may help also.

John

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree, I would always keep one male to 2-3 females

They are now thankfully quite easy to keep alive and to breed but the laying process takes a huge amount of the females Ca reserves and many do not live that long after laying.

I think that this can be improved upon by adding liquid Ca to the water/misting/rain systems.

Then if your UV system is re-creating the wild index this should help to keep them ready for the next period of laying.

small calci worms may help also.

John
Thanks for the advice: victory:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.