Reptile Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys i keep a chameleon and now looking to keep another breed off chameleon.Like every think i will read up before buying but can any one tell me what space heat and eq a pygmy chameleon needs.I heard they dont like basking lambs? wb Dan

·
Registered
714 Posts
Lanbs are a bit too chewy and a bit large for a pygmy so i wouldnt suggest feeding them :)

There are quite a few care sheets on the internet if you look. Try doing a search and read as many as you can. That way you will learn a lot more than if we just tell you the temos they need

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
*Copied and parts edited/added from a post in another thread*

Ours are in a 30x30x45 thats well foliaged with vines for them to climb upon.
Humidity wise you need to spray them 2-3 times a day.They are meant to be more sensitive to temps than others although ours are at room temp and we have had no problems :) we have a reading lamp on the tank *which is about 8 inches or so from the top of the viv* which lights it up without giving off heat because they dont need basking lamps. Its still pretty debatable if they need UV bulbs but people who have tired both dont seem to fine any differences weather its used or not. They arent really hard to look after in all fairness i know people say they are for more experienced owners but they are no different other than size. Pictures below will give you an idea of their colouring, although there are diff species of pygmy chams but most are the same colouring. Hope some of this is useful.
Piccys :D

Tank shot.

Enjoy :]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts