Reptile Forums banner

Pygmy Chameleons

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Spikebrit 
#1 ·
Hi, I am looking for a new lizard. I have always wanted a chameleon, but because I am only fifteen I am not allowed to get a big chameleon such as a Yemen. I have recently seen pygmy chameleons quite a lot, I have also taken the chance to find out more about them because my mum has fallen in love with them

I hve done searches on here and google and can't find much about them. So I just wanted to find out what basic care is and if there is any good caresheets or books I could read. Also could any owners of any pygmy chameleons please post pics of theirs and setup

Thanks for any replies:2thumb:

#5 ·
I do have this months PRK but I wanted to find out more about them from actual keepers

#6 ·
#8 ·
Hello M8,

Great to see the younger generation with a keen interest.

First of all, Yemens Chameleons are easier to keep than Pygmy Chams!
You really need to think about your level of commitment, they need their set up spot on all the time. Hot temps and not enough humidity will kill them!

I have kept Pygmy chams for over 10 years now, some species are easier than others to keep and breed.

There is an article in the Practical Reptile Keeper mag this month, written by myself and a friend, this should give you an insight on the different species and kind of work involved in keeping them in captivity.

I will get some pictures put on here of a few of my terrariums so you can see how they need to be kept, plus planted setups can take a week or so to set up.

I'll post some pics for you as well as a care sheet, there is some usefull info at www.pygmychameleon.co.uk this is a pygmy chameleon forum that we run.

Hope this helps, anymore questions, please just ask.

Neil

#9 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.