Reptile Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's the time of year when I pair up the pythons. So here's some images of pairs of pythons. Pythons.

Liasis mackloti (Macklots)
Snake Organism Reptile Terrestrial animal Scaled reptile

Antaresia maculosa peninsularis (Cape York Spotted)
Snake Reptile Organism Scaled reptile Terrestrial animal

Aspidites ramsayi (Woma)
Snake Reptile Serpent Scaled reptile Viper

Aspidites melanocephalus (Blackhead)
Snake Reptile Grey Terrestrial animal Scaled reptile

And although it's not clear; this is a pair of
Liasis savuensis (Savu Python). The face is the male
Wood Automotive tire Grass Landscape Terrestrial animal

Still more to pair and others not taking pics of.

Hope everyone has a good season!

2,181 Posts
Very best of luck Tom.

Reactions: LiasisUK
2,181 Posts
Thanks Fraser! Same to you
Hopefully at least one of the Angolan Pythons (2 females paired up) and some Royal Pythons (4 females paired up) go this year. Unfortunately I don't think either of my two Sumatran Pythons will go onto produce this year although having said that, I think the problem is with the male not being mature enough.

The Wide Mouthed Agamas are showing good signs and the Egyptian Tortoises, well - they have never actually stopped!!

Reactions: Swindinian

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Best of luck with the savus! Don't seem to see them around much.
Thanks, both my female savus did produce last year. Though due to fertility and some issues with one of the females health, I only hatched 1. The 1 hatchling is going to a friends place soon and the female that had health issues is being retired from breeding.

Hopefully at least one of the Angolan Pythons (2 females paired up) and some Royal Pythons (4 females paired up) go this year. Unfortunately I don't think either of my two Sumatran Pythons will go onto produce this year although having said that, I think the problem is with the male not being mature enough.

The Wide Mouthed Agamas are showing good signs and the Egyptian Tortoises, well - they have never actually stopped!!
Sounds good, Angolans would be great. Awesome species. I miss my black bloods, if you do get any I could be tempted.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Forgot to post these here.

2 clutches of Antaresia maculosa, both laid beginning of April.

Snake Reptile Scaled reptile Terrestrial animal Serpent

I did provide a laybox for her, but she decided the substrate was better.

Nature Mixture Sand Wood Soil

13 eggs total.

I didn't get a pic of the other female on her eggs, not as good clutch with about half being infertile. Odd as she did a decent clutch last year, maybe she needed more food. Only 6 fertiles

Nature Mixture Sand Chemical compound Soil

Macklots are due to hatch within the next 3 weeks. Also a lot of the other female pythons are in shed, suggesting they're up to something. Time will tell.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Update on the papuana female.
I took the male out around 13th April as I hadn't seen a lock for over a week, which was quite unusual. They'd also been avoiding each other.

The female then went into shed, this shed lasted a very long time and was quite thick. She eventually shed on 28th April.
I offered her a small meal around 1st May and she took it, and then another meal this week on the 10th.
She basks constantly and basically looks like this at all times. Time will tell.

*as mentioned previously; please excuse any poo/urates/shed in her enclosure as I am trying to leave her alone as much as possible. This species is known to stress easily.

Snake Reptile Scaled reptile Serpent Wood

1 - 15 of 15 Posts