Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i made a topic the other day about a leo set up and Emz118 i think said i would need to give them 2 month quarantine before putting the together. I wouldn't need to give them quarantine if there all bred in the uk would I.?

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Yeah i would. As Gaz said you dont know what they could have. Better to be safe than sorry :lol:

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
2 months may be a bit long but 5/6 weeks is recommended..unless you know for sure 100% they are from a reputable source. last thing you want is for them to have something and pass it on to anyone else...is a very sad and costly mistake to make.

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
anyone bought 4 gecks and had them all in quarantine??

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Quarantine is always a good thing - you never know what the new one may bring in. Whenever I have a new reptile it goes into its separate room for a solid 3 months - some big BP breeders even have separate buildings.

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So if i get my set up of leos (which i will) i will have to put them in quarantine, ok. If i bought all gecks at da same time would i have to put them all in 4 vivs with 4 heatmats. and four of evrything??

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
If they are already in the same viv you don't need to separate them all.. no point they've been together already! If they are coming from 2 different places you'll need 2 viv etc etc

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if there from the same shop or same man, but not same viv would they needed to be quaratined?

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
you would probably be ok in all fairness if they are from the same shop.... but i was under the impression you already had one and was introducing them to that???

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nope. In april i am going to get about 3 females 1 male hopefuly
1.1 Snow Then get a SUPER SNOW if they breed BEAUTIFUL GECKS
0.1Blizzard
0.1Leuctistic
maybe 0.1 Hypo or tangerine if dont get 0.1 snow

1 - 11 of 11 Posts