Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting 2 more female mack snows tomorrow,they are all similar size half inch difference in some.anyway i was wondering should i quarantine them or put them in,the person im buying from says they will be ok to go in with them straight away

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
if they are from diffrent places or going with new gecks, you are ment to piut them in diffrent tanks for 2 months then into the main tank.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so if i keep the new 2 in tubs in the viv will that be ok

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
so if i keep the new 2 in tubs in the viv will that be ok
nope, think you ment to put them in a diffrent room. But a diffrent viv in smae rom should be ok.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers,, ive put the 2 new ones in an exo terra faunarium over the other side of the room,i will keep them in that for 2 months

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Nice one. Better safe than sorry. You'll also want to wash your hands between touching the tanks. And if you start to suspect anything at all is wrong with any of them, then change your clothes between too.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Glad to hear you're quarantining. :D If nothing else, you can check the new ones are eating etc.

As has been said, make sure you wash your hands when doing anything between the vivs. That's good practise even when you've had them for ages, just in case anything should emerge later.

We use faunarium's or spare small fish tanks to quarantine ours, but keep them in the same room.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts