Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kinda worried at the moment. My wolf spider has an egg sac and it's only been at most a week, last night I saw what looked like she was cleaning it. This morning when I went to check on her and the egg sac it looks like the egg sac is almost peeling? Kind of confuzzled?

·
Registered
13,232 Posts
How long ago did she lay it? It's probably getting ready to hatch, the babies might be on mum's back by tomorrow :)

edit - sorry, missed the bit where you said a week, she might just be keeping it clean? keep us posted :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I went to check on her about 10 mins ago she was beside her water rock with the egg sac almost to her side. I think she might be getting to hot. Her egg sac is looking better. I brought her terrarium inside. Cooled of the water rock and put room temperature water in it and she is beginning to be more responsive. I think is is just to hot outside for her even in the shade. Thought I was gonna lose her there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
keep us posted, best of luck, I'm guessing she's a L. tarentula from shep?
No she is a wolf spider.... ok think I am misunderstanding... are you talking about a specific breed of wolf spider? I am new to all of this. I have always had a fascination and love for arachnids but kinda confused on all of the 'lingo' or what appears to be lingo.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:'(

I am sad to inform everybody who has cared to follow this forum that Charlie's egg sac was a dud. Or something went wrong because it produced no offspring. I found it when my partner and I got home tonight open with all the eggs spread out everywhere around it. No baby spiders. Charlie I don't think understands. :'( She has still been trying to protect the egg sac. We disposed of the egg sac and the eggs not to long ago and gave Charlie lots of attention.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We don't have a pair... so unless she is storing the male's reproductive stuff, she wont be laying anymore anytime soon. but she's still eating and wandering. she is healthy despite laying a dud/unhealthy eggsac.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oh that would be quite a nice thing if we did end up with slings after all. I know my partner was quite upset when we found the sac torn open and the terrarium littered with little shriveled eggs. :(

We'll definitely be keeping an eye out for more odd behavior from her. She doesn't seem to be getting bigger like she was the 1st time she had the egg sac though...

We'll see! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.