Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i keep seeing different names for Pastels and i was wondering if anyone can explain the difference between:

Pastel
Lemon Pastel
Enchi Pastel

Also i understand Graziani line and nerd line are from certain breeders, but does this mean the colouring is of any better quality?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
No, a pastel is a pastel, the lines you mentioned are named from the original breeder, who has selectively bred pastels for more attractive patterning and brighter colouration. They are all pastels, but those from specific lines are just more likely to be brighter/more attractive specemins of the morph.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Enchis are very different to all the other pastels - it's very much a pattern morph as well as a colour morph.

Some other pastels tend to have different looks. Graziani pastels tend to be very blushed, while lemons have much less in the way of blushing. All depends what you prefer .. and of course the quality of an individual snake will depend on how it's been bred too.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
There is also a great difference in price, a normal pastel male would cost around £300, a Lemon £400/500 and a Enchi is £1000

1 - 8 of 8 Posts