Reptile Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Just want to ask are pokies really so aggressive? Comparing to baboons for example. Or part of this reputation is because of stronger venom?

Cheers

·
Registered
19,707 Posts
Hi
Just want to ask are pokies really so aggressive? Comparing to baboons for example. Or part of this reputation is because of stronger venom?

Cheers
The pokies I've kept in the past have been much more prone to being defensive/running away. In fact I've never seen one in threat pose :hmm:

But that could just be me : victory:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
All of the pokies I've had and I've had alot:flrt: have always been quite calm and as said above I've not seen a threat pose. But I alway get them from my baboons all the time.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Same here, let them know your coming in and they will runoff to their web, leaving you in piece. My Cyriopagopus Schoedtei on the other hand, has recently turned in to a right cow lol

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Everyone gets told they're aggressive, but they really aren't from all I've heard and seen. They will bite if you mess with them, but they'd much rather run.

Some people say that no spider is aggressive, they're just defensive. Except Selenocosmia spp.... or is it Phlogiellus now?

·
Registered
6,982 Posts
Same here, let them know your coming in and they will runoff to their web, leaving you in piece. My Cyriopagopus Schoedtei on the other hand, has recently turned in to a right cow lol
not the same with the male I just sold. He would threat pose at anything and everything the little git, but he's not my problem any more :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. I've been wondering about some new pokies, I thought about baboons but my "respect" for them is bigger then desire. With my two m. balfouris I had lots of fun already :lol2:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Well I have a pair of miranda I'm putting togeather so you never know!! Fingers crossed: victory: I think Miranda are the calmest from my experience anyway.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I have a pair of miranda I'm putting togeather so you never know!! Fingers crossed: victory: I think Miranda are the calmest from my experience anyway.
I heard same thing, now I'm tempted to buy more then one :whistling2:

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
From Lee?

G

·
Mt 2 pokies do prefer to run and hide but when i move to to inspect and clean the tanks make sure they are ok and they are a good size i have had a threat pose a couple of times, the regalic has pulled my stick out my hand a couple of times.

They are quick and strong but she is a big softy most the time, the metallica only hides and mostly just comes out for a feed, she webs a bit as well staying there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts