Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm currently building my 5 month old V cham a new home. He has almost outgrown his current viv and I want a certain size to fit in the room perfectly.
I've made the frame which is 1.5m tall 70cm wide and 50 cm deep but i was wondering what would be best for the sides. I have bought proper reptile mesh which I was going to use, but just wanted to check with anyone with a flexarium, if they have any probs maintaining temps or any other probs? The top and bottom are wood ( to hold light fittings and tray etc)

Any help would be great :2thumb:

Jimmy and Vernon

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
we have not had any problems keeping the heat in the flexarium so far. With winter coming up though our house gets very cold when we are not at home and the heatings not on so we are in the process of moving him into a 4ft high wood viv. Can I ask you were you got your reptile mesh from as we still want to use mesh attached to a frame for the door instead of glass sliding ones?

Thanks.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I use mesh as wel and in the winter I get some plastic and tack it to the sides to keep the heat and water in.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought a small roll from a reptile shop in Bristol when I was down there in the summer, but also thought I would try both that are available on ebay at present (type reptile mesh) They all seem very strong so not sure which i will use yet? There is also some good stuff in the big garden centres although it is a little more expensive.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
thanks, i will have a look for some on ebay. i didnt know you could buy reptile mesh and we was going to cut up a flexarium :oops: :lol:

·
Registered
632 Posts
chams thrive in mesh enclosures, the ventilation is obviously 100% so u can't go wrong! (heating is a pain!! :roll: ) but def stick to mesh rather than vivs!! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts