Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a leopard gecko the I just purchased that is not that old. I assumed it was a female, but I'm not sure of it. My question, to whom might be able to answer it, is it shakes it's tail right before striking prey sometimes. It's not an every time thing. What I mean by shaking is it does it as if it were a male and it saw another gecko (i have seen video of the males doing that). It's also only the tip that does it for the most part. Could I actually have a male on my hands? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
Alot of leos do it just before hunting, doesnt mean they are male.

Where did you get the leo from? If its a shop they generally know what sex it was incubated for.

Welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
My two females shake their tales before they strike their prey...I think they are excited:)
Put the gecko in a clear plastic container and take a pic from underneath, post it on here and someone will sex it for you.

Sarah x

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for all the answers. It was confusing me because I had read that the tail shaking trait was male only. I assumed it was a female because I purchased it from a store and it was in a tank with other geckos. It's very funny to watch, so I'm glad it does it. Again, thanks for the help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts