Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I picked some rocks and slate up from my next door neighbors garden as Helio's claws are like razor blades so thought would put some in her viv to "gnaw" them down a little. Anyway, they have been sitting in a weak bleach solution of 1 part bleach 4 parts water and they have been there for around an hour or so, i am going to leave them for a few more hours or so then rinse through with cold clean water, spray with reptile disenfectant and rinse again - my question is, how long before i could put them in her viv?

Cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,023 Posts
Boil em if ya can hun or bake em in the oven.

I would leave them in a bleach solution overnight water boiling hot to start.

Good rinse in morn leave to dry and should be ok.

I usually put mine in the oven or in a pan but it depends on the size.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
slates is an impermeable rock so if you get all dirt of then leave it in the bleach/oven for an hour itl be fine aslong as you rinse it after clean it with bleach or a proper repclaner to get rid of and bacteria aswel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,358 Posts
I got some rocks from the beach the other day would the same go for them, I was a bit worried the salt on them?
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top