Reptile Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im wondering if anybody out there give me any advice about sheff exotics.Im buying my first royal frm there at weekend and would like to no if anybody has had any probs when they ave bought one from there such as non feeders etc,im a beginner and dnt want to end up wth a non feeder.Also any advice on what i should be asking before i buy would be appreciated:2thumb:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Not sure about the shop as I havent been there myself

But things to ask should be can they provide you with a feeding record, they should tell you what it eats etc but its worth asking. Also ask when did it last shed its skin, just generally look at the animal and make sure it looks quite healthy to what your normal expectations would be, i.e. its eyes are clear (except if its going in to slough) and it does not have bits of flaking skin hanging off it etc, no strange bumps or anything in the snake. If it is a decent shop then there should be no problems really I'm sure someone on here will make comments about it soon.

The feeding record is definatly important though especially with younger snakes cause if you're a beginner, especially with a royal you don't want a non-feeder on your hands cause it can be really worrying

But anyway good luck :)

·
Registered
468 Posts
well you can/should ask to see it feed and the shop cant really/sholdnt say no unless they are hiding something, they will proberly feed there snakes all 1 day so they will give ya a time and date and you will go once the shop is closed, i no its a pain in the bum but its better than how bad it will be if it is a problem feeder. hope it helps all so took at it make sure it nose is clean and no bits of old shed still onit and make sure you handle it and make sure its tongue is acttive and its vent is clean and has no bits off poo around it, hopes this has helped

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Tony's a good bloke, been dealing with him for years.

Adam does the royals and starts all the babies, you wont go far wrong and if you do have any bother they'll help you out. : victory:

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I went in a few weeks ago with my friend who is interested in getting a royal - the guy said they wouldn't be letting them go until they'd had some feeds.

Had a hold of one, was gorgeous :blush:

·
Banned
1,854 Posts
i have been in there and they seem to know their stuff and are helpful. i have a royal and a boa to name a few. the royal i bought from the snake shop though.. lol.. i know in there they wont let them be sold untill theyre the right age, good health, eating and shed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts