Reptile Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals, i have today brought a new viv for my corn. The dimensions of it are 3ftx1.5ftx1.75ft. What i wanna know is how i should go about heating this viv. I have a lamp aswell as a heat. Would you say only one is required, or should i use both?

Any advice, how big or small it is, please share, thanks guys :2thumb:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because when i went to the retile shop, they threw in a few added extras for me and gave me a lamp aswell as a heat map, didnt know if that was an indication touse both or not :/ thanks for the quick reply though

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I would heat that size vivarium with ceramic heat because it will warm up the air rather than the floor and aid with humidity. 60 or 100 watt bulb on a pulse thermostat would be best. Don't forget your guard to stop your snake getting burned.

Alternatively you could use just a heat mat, although I personally don't find them as efficient. The heat mat goes on the floor at one end of the vivarium and is covered with a tiny bit of substrate or a few sheets of newspaper. You must make sure that it is stuck to the floor of your vivarium though (silicone sealant is best). And you'll need a pulse or mat stat.

As for lighting, there are lots of low wattage lights to choose from. The blue LED looks especially nice :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts