Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be possible having an unsexed baby corn snake and a 3 year old female in the same viv?? And on some websites it said that baby snakes are "scared" of big vivs, is this true, if yes wat can i do about that (atm its in a 90x30x38cm viv... and seems fine, looking around, hiding, and eating!!

Thanks, Ant:2thumb:

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
snakes can be scared of big viv's but some can be fine provided they have plenty of hides, sounds like yours is OK

I wouldn't put a small snake in with an adult, too much risk of it being eaten or deseases/illnesses being passed.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats wat im worried about, theragain if i feed it in a different conatiner it might be ok, but again when i put it back, and its still hunry it might eat the baby!!:rotfl:

·
Registered
71,221 Posts
that's a really bad idea.set a baby up separately.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wat if i wait till the baby is roughly 1 year old (christam next year) and then put the adult in?

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
Hatchling corn housing is easy and very cheap, so why take the risk
RUB, Heat mat, Stat, Newspaper, water bowl a hide and your done.

·
Registered
39,214 Posts
Yeh, I wouldn't keep a baby in with an adult. Some people keep adults of the same size together, and although thats hotly debated, it clealry can work if your careful. But, there's always the problem of increased chance of disease etc. Also, in the wild, they are solitary: they certainly dont need company.

If you are keeping adults together, feed them seperatly, but I wouldn't keep snakes of different sizes together!

·
Premium Member
13,877 Posts
Only do it
a) If both snakes have been kept seperately for a while (3-6mths quarantine) to ensure neither are sick.

AND

b) both are similar in size.

Also there are many other factors to consider like unwanted breeding (with female too small etc.) and feeding issues.

I wrote an article for a website on co-habitation. I'd happily e-mail you my thoughts in their entirety if you wanna see? pm me an e-mail addy if you want me to send it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts