Reptile Forums banner

Quick Baby BCI Question?

Tags
bci
339 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  james.b 
#1 ·
Hey Guy's

I'm seriously thinking of getting a Cb10 Bci, now I've spent ages looking around reading up and the like but on every care sheet i've read it's all a bit vague on Babies. I know the requirements for older Boa's but nothing for the young. I was thinking that a RUB would be ok but now i'm not so sure.
I've only ever had corns before now. I'd also prefer to use heat mats on a stat than a ceramic set up.
Cheers for any help......

#3 ·
It will be fine in a Rub to start with on a heat mat controlled by a stat and once it gets bigger move it into a larger viv with a ceramic and pulse stat

#4 ·
As above rub's are cool.

Heat mat on a stat is fine for a baby but you'll need to change it to a ceramic or bulb as it gets bigger due to thermal blocking.

They are easy to look after, same temps as an adult no need for high humidity or anything, just give it a mist when it's due to shed or move the water bowl onto your heat source.

Start em on a fuzzy a week and just increase the food size as neccessary. My adults take a large rat once a month:2thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.