Reptile Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question. Spike my BD is shedding and I have always sprayed her with water to help. Would bringing up the humidity with a fogger be a better option? I have a spare one and I have to confess it is in there already running just looking for your opinions.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Is it a regular thing for her to have a bad shed? If she sheds fine, I wouldnt even bother spraying her. They should shed with no help.
Whats the temps like in your tank? Is she eating/pooing ok?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it a regular thing for her to have a bad shed? If she sheds fine, I wouldnt even bother spraying him. They should shed with no help.
Whats the temps like in your tank? Is he eating/pooing ok?
She just seems uncomfortable temps 100-105 hot spot down to about 75-85 cool end poos once a day and eats every thing offered to her.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Mine go quite depressed during a shed, more quiet and dont want to be held much. I would say its uncomfortable, all that skin coming off, but as long as she sheds ok, I wouldnt worry.

·
Super Moderator
9,455 Posts
They can get itchy and uncomfortable but it's all normal. The drier the skin the easier it will come off so no spraying is necessary. A humid environment can cause respiratory problems.

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
If she is just itchy leave her to it. If she needs help with a stuck shed I would be more inclined to give her a bath rather than up the humidity in the viv. Don't want any nasty respiratory infections/problems which can be caused by high humidity.

·
Registered
635 Posts
i'd agree - if she is shedding ok then just let her get on with it. In my experience beardies dont really need alot of water - the only time my lot get wet is when the have their weekly bath, raising the humidity levels can be a cause of respiritory problems in beardies - maybe some rougher rocks or logs in her enclosure would aid with the shed process. :2thumb:

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
She is sitting under her lamp at the moment. Maybe I just worry to much.

·
Registered
425 Posts
did you take out the fogger? or is it still in there, i wouldnt leave it in as others have said, too much humidity can cause respiratory infections. xx

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have turned it off will remove it later as she is basking ad I don't want to disturb her

1 - 11 of 11 Posts