Reptile Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I seperate my hatchlings as they come out or leave all together? Advice please.

·
Registered
347 Posts
They will be fine for a while, but if males are together for to long after they will fight and they could become mature and mate after the age of 1, so to save the hassle just separate into tubs.

Luke: victory:

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Separate into small tubs, each with hide (half a loo roll) and water pot(I cut the bottom off a plastic cup and use that). Need warm end and cool end too. Baby corns have been known on occasion to be cannibalistic, so safer to separate.

·
Registered
7,147 Posts
Seperate them so you know who has shed and poo'd etc.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I always leave my hatchlings together until they there first shed, then seperate into there own tubs. The humidity of the egg incubation medium helps with there first shed plus when one starts to shed the others tend to follow.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Yep, I agree with Paul. I used to separate immediately they hatched but now leave them until they have all shed then put them into their own boxes. I have found that doing it this way I have had far fewer hatchlings refuse their first meal.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Yep, I agree with Paul. I used to separate immediately they hatched but now leave them until they have all shed then put them into their own boxes. I have found that doing it this way I have had far fewer hatchlings refuse their first meal.
Thats interesting - will try this with my next clutch, as I have a high percentage of 'not yet feeders' this year, for some reason.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts