Reptile Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke with a guy yesterday who claimed to have a monacled cobra. I asked what our local council charge for a DWA these days and he proceeded to explain that the 1st of these he kept came to him as a breeding pair in 79 and have long since died. The offspring of the pair were sold off one by one and he is left with the one of the clutch.

Being an 11pm pub conversation I asked if I could take a sneaky peak, he suprisingly oblidged and I was greated by the sight of 2 mangroves, 1 albino retic, an amazing looking BCI and what I assume was a monacled cobra ( I aint that good on hots :blush:).

Now, my question lies in the fact. This guys rep room was like area 51, you weren't getting out of there houdini or not but not only this he ( even being half cut) had an undescribable afinity with his animals. He didn't handle the Cobra, presumably because he had sunk a few but it looked in awesome condition, no stuck shed or anything.

What I ask is, obviously you guys have had to pay through the nose for license and recognised approval. Should this guy be allowed to keep this snake even though he is effectivel opperating illegally?

Truth be told, even if the response is to shop him it won't happen but I just wonder in what regard he would be held by the licensed community : victory:

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I spoke with a guy yesterday who claimed to have a monacled cobra. I asked what our local council charge for a DWA these days and he proceeded to explain that the 1st of these he kept came to him as a breeding pair in 79 and have long since died. The offspring of the pair were sold off one by one and he is left with the one of the clutch.

Being an 11pm pub conversation I asked if I could take a sneaky peak, he suprisingly oblidged and I was greated by the sight of 2 mangroves, 1 albino retic, an amazing looking BCI and what I assume was a monacled cobra ( I aint that good on hots :blush:).

Now, my question lies in the fact. This guys rep room was like area 51, you weren't getting out of there houdini or not but not only this he ( even being half cut) had an undescribable afinity with his animals. He didn't handle the Cobra, presumably because he had sunk a few but it looked in awesome condition, no stuck shed or anything.

What I ask is, obviously you guys have had to pay through the nose for license and recognised approval. Should this guy be allowed to keep this snake even though he is effectivel opperating illegally?

Truth be told, even if the response is to shop him it won't happen but I just wonder in what regard he would be held by the licensed community : victory:

·
Registered
354 Posts
lol

class.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts