Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just ordered my stand and viv to be built and i just need to know a few n00b questions.

1. UVA/UVB light tube, Is it ok for the light to be on the roof of the vivarium similarly to a fish tank, or does it have to be close to the reptile.

Vivarium is 36x18x18 and i am planning on going for a 24" light tube, that should be fine right?

2. I am going to be going for a Infrared heat bulb, so i can have 24/7 heat source, Will the reptile be ok with this or do they need an actual LIGHT source for basking?

Reptile im getting will be a RANKINS DRAGON.

Thanks guys, also anyone know any cheap places within the uk for these things? im going for livefoods.co.uk or ebay.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok well i hope you can quickly breed some rankins nat :p i will get one from you. Also... do you have any s/h stuff i could grab off you? for $ of course.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If i get a light heat source rather than IR do i still need an IR or will the light bulb be enough to keep the viv to temperature. IE hot in one side and cooler but still 70's odd.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok just purchased:
1 x Exo-Terra Heat Glo Spot Lamp (HEAT_GLO_SPO) = £6.45
Size required 75W
1 x Exo-Terra Repti-Glo 8.0 Tube (REPTIGLO8) = £14.99
Size required 24 x 1 inch
Thanks peeps.

Anyone have anything which i may need for a rankins or beardie setup...
http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=10896
If i havnt stated i want it, still post as i may just take you up on what your offering anyway.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah i have a starter unit spare from all of my fish stuff. I may buy a ceramic (sp) bulb at 100 watts, it depends on weither i can sleep with the IR one :).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.