Reptile Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi so i picked up my vivs and equipment today, just wondering where the best place to put the the thermostate probe would be i have got infared heat bulbs and microclimate b1 dimmer thermostats
any help would be great
Thanks Danny

·
Registered
9 Posts
Your gonna want to put the sensor about 3-4 inches away from the direct , that way it will switch off wen to hot but will be able to get ambient temps aswell , i recomend sticking a thermometer in the centre of the tank aswell mate.. im no expert lol but i found this best with mine ..
Hope this helps

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your gonna want to put the sensor about 3-4 inches away from the direct , that way it will switch off wen to hot but will be able to get ambient temps aswell , i recomend sticking a thermometer in the centre of the tank aswell mate.. im no expert lol but i found this best with mine ..
Hope this helps
Thanks mate yeah i got it set up now got with an inch or so from the heat lamp but i spoke to a guy in the rep shop and he said you can put it anywhere he has his right behind his heat source he just said its each to there own as long as you set it up right youll be fine so yeah got it sorted now temps seem to be sitting good :2thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.