Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well me and my mum opened the front door at 6.30pm to go shopping and our cat ran across he road to come in and got knocked down and died.
Thankfully she died quite quickly but she was such a lovely cat, our oldest one that we got for my mum.
Ironically she never usually runs across the road and just sits on the wall across from our house meowing when we go out but I guess with it being extra cold tonight she couldn't wait. RIP Camilla :cry: i'll miss you and i'm sure mummy will too. Don will miss you annoying him aswell, and randel and damien will miss cuddling up to u and fighting over you.

Reactions: leila

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I'm more upset that we saw her hit by the car though. Wish we hadnt had to see that. I had to pick her up out of he road though and there was definately nothing that couldve been done for her.

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i think ive cried enough for us both already.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
that must have been horrible. at least you knew what happened to her, at that it was quick and there was no suffering. my mum was so upset when she was pregnant with me - my dad had bought a kitten, and one day it didnt come home. it'd been run over and my dad buried it and didnt tell her, so kept on thinking it had run away and was really upset, then even more upset when she found out it was in the garden :( its the not knowing thats horrible

Reactions: tombraider

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
we're taking her vets tomorrow to have her cremated. i have her blood on my jeans :(

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you cant just tell her it ran away when her friends dad hit the cat, because u dont know what her friend has overheard. easier to just tell her. I'll tell her if u like when i get home later.

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
ok.

Sorry if i end up shouting at anyone tonight. im not in the best of moods :cry:
Hun you have my heart for tonight. Losing a cat is harsh but when they get run over in front of you it's worse.
My nextdoor neighbour was taking her kids to school in the morning and their young cat ran straight under her car as she was reversing out.
They were heart broken, totally, more so cause he wasn't supposed to be out as he'd crept out without being seen.

The kids were all crying. It was really sad. We had a rescue kitten we had in and we took him round the week after. They adore him. He won't go outside at all and loves the kids. They couldn't thank us enough for helping cheer the kids up.
Sad things happen and having been through what you are I totally understand if you don't take any shit tonight hun.

Huge hugs for you

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
Thank you pimp.

Im just glad it was dark so I couldnt see what she looked like. I dont know what I would have done if i was on my own because there was no way i could have gone into the road to pick her up.

thank god my other 2 are house cats. Camilla didnt go out that often either but she still liked to go wander across our road to the other meighbours cats once a week, which even though leads of a main road doesnt really get that busy.

chelle was mad because i shouted at the driver, i was annoyed that he carried on and pulled up to his house then came back out and drove passed another 2 times without giving us a second look. what was i suppose to do :? shake his hand and say well done :bash:

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeh but he did come come down once he knew and apologised and said he didnt realise he hit it. he couldnt really have done much moe and alot of drivers might not have even done that.

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
Thank you Dan. I cant sleep. Every time i lie down i hear the thud again. Im not helping myself for keep thinking of it plus im used to her sleeping on top of my monitor while on the pc at night :cry: One of our other catss give me a cuddle earlier but that just made me want to cuddle camilla :cry:

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
AWWWw ladies Im really sorry for you. Horrible thing to happen right in front of the two of you. I hope that you hae a nice send off for the kitty today and put her to a nice place that she liked. I mind when my cat got hit, thankfully she survived but only just. went round the neighbours doors and back to ours in the middle of the night. everyone was out in the morning trying to follow the trail she left. lost a leg but it never slowed her down. but she never went on the road again.

I'll be thinking of yas today :cry: RIP camilla.

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks for the kind words.

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
we took her to the vet to be cremated now. least she didnt have to suffer too long.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts