Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone on here keep raccoons?! It's something I've always loved, and one day in the future would love to own one, or two :) wouldn't be possible at the moment as I have a very jealous dog, who even gets upset when I spend time with my lizards lol xxx

·
Registered
15,217 Posts
They make wonderful pets but they are not for the faint hearted! They cant be trained like a dog, they are destructive and very independent animals. They will bite if you upset them, and im not talking a little nip but possible stitches and you will also get very deep scratches on your arms and legs from "playtime" that may possibly even scar. You cant be too house proud when you have a raccoon, they WILL rip your carpets up, eat and dig up your pot plants, eat your lizards given the chance and rip the paper off your walls and chew through your wires. Getting raccoons is the best and worst decision i ever made. The best because they are so rewarding and the worst because they have caused so much destruction and damage.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol aww my other half has just said "no way" after reading this out!! It's not put me off though, I absolutely love them :) xxx

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
iv only been a raccoon keeper for a year and its rather interesting and fun yet you have to be patient and able to take a bit of pan. billy is full cat litter trained. but he has eaten his way into the wall and nearly into next doors >.< and at play times will thats a different ball game he chases me around the sofa trying to bite my ankles lol covered in scares and holes ... but he has his loving days were he sits on the sofa and watches tv and lets me and my hub stroke him and brush him.. hes eaten are sofa lol but other than that hes great and evil :2thumb:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol they sound like they deffo have plenty on character!! :D think these replys are making me want them even more lol they sound ace!! Xxx

·
Registered
71,221 Posts
damned raccoons an possums!

always trying to break into my trailer....

digging, scratching and clawing all night... my dogs stay up all night waiting for one to get in...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts