Reptile Forums banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
*****istrator
11,351 Posts
gaz said:
gaz said:
Greenphase said:
Looks good Gaz what are you keeping in the large tubs and where do you get them from mate?
have posted the contents of the boxes here somewhere,prob in "snake pics" look under "whos moved in".
these new ones are for my crawl cay breeding
regards gaz
PS tubs are 4X2X1 foot polypropylene ponds from scotland
Those are ponds that you can find in most aquatic centres. We sell them at work, and we have several shops near you gaz that should stock them. Funny though, in 5 years of selling them, i've never thought of them for racks, no difference to normal tubs really, decent size though. :D

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Thanks for sharing Gaz, so what do you do for hatchling racks and tubs?

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Nice one Gaz, really impressive. I can see you're ready to get married ... opening jars and changing light bulbs would not be an issue for you by the looks of it :lol:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Kev132 said:
alot of snakes like the dark though...
Very true, but with solid black tubs it's going to be pitch black in there 24/7 - even a nocturnal snake will get moonlight, etc.

Not having a go - just curious! :D

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
there is a small clearance at the top of the ponds and also I think some light will get in... still I don't think it will really matter to the snakes. They love the dark

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
mark67123 said:
Kev132 said:
alot of snakes like the dark though...
Very true, but with solid black tubs it's going to be pitch black in there 24/7 - even a nocturnal snake will get moonlight, etc.

Not having a go - just curious! :D
they are getting windows,just i cant figure how to secure them once i have cut out the panels,some of the boas in these racks are in excess of 40lbs and have the strength to bugger up any poor workmanship,any suggestions? windows will be perspex,was thinkin of bolting them in place.

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Dexter said:
Nice one Gaz, really impressive. I can see you're ready to get married ... opening jars and changing light bulbs would not be an issue for you by the looks of it :lol:
been married once lol and i stay clear of jam jars at all costs,once you've opened one ya got a lifetime of jar opening in front of you lol

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
maki said:

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
maki said:

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
maki said:

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
maki said:

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
the ones with the condensation are the plastic racks with amazon basin etb's/atb's/corallus annulatus/corallus ruschenbergeri the rest full of salmon boas/crawl cay dwarf boas(hypo/normal/poss super hypos) striped boas,pastels etc
regards gaz
PS i have a few more racks to build in the comming weeks will bung up pics as i get them done

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
couple othe attic

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
have started making acrylics under license from ETBO in Cincinnati for my basins once they adult,

21 - 40 of 55 Posts