Reptile Forums banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
gaz said:
have started making acrylics under license from ETBO in Cincinnati for my basins once they adult,
Thanks gaz you have loads of racks :D I made an acrylic viv where do you get the acrylic hinges I could not find any in the UK?

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
google Atlas plastics they had them when i bought mine,cost about £3 each plus postage

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
bloody hell gaz, aren't you ashamed of having so few reps and racks ?

i think you should build a few more :lol:

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Dexter said:
bloody hell gaz, aren't you ashamed of having so few reps and racks ?

i think you should build a few more :lol:
patience man! between the fishing and the beer there's so little time lol

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
Don't worry Jay, the tubs are all empty.

Gaz is the biggest tub collector in Wales :lol:

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Dexter said:
Don't worry Jay, the tubs are all empty.

Gaz is the biggest tub collector in Wales :lol:
saves fortunes on mice an no one has ever guessed before! damn you dex i will ave to buy some of them worm things now! 8)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
gaz said:
they are getting windows,just i cant figure how to secure them once i have cut out the panels,some of the boas in these racks are in excess of 40lbs and have the strength to bugger up any poor workmanship,any suggestions? windows will be perspex,was thinkin of bolting them in place.
Did wonder if you were putting windows in them - I think i've seen commercial ones like that somewhere.

I reckon perspex bolted in place (M3 bolts/nyloc nuts?), with the perspex (with the edges smoothed off) mounted inside the tub to give it a bit of added strength, and a bolt (with the head inside the tub and the nut outside) every 2-3" around the edge.
If the perspex is mounted inside the tub it should prevent it being pushed out as the pond wall itself will provide the strength and not just the bolts - if it was mounted outside, the plastic of the pond may be soft enough to allow small bolts to slip through.

That's how I'd do it anyway :D

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
mark67123 said:
gaz said:
they are getting windows,just i cant figure how to secure them once i have cut out the panels,some of the boas in these racks are in excess of 40lbs and have the strength to bugger up any poor workmanship,any suggestions? windows will be perspex,was thinkin of bolting them in place.
Did wonder if you were putting windows in them - I think i've seen commercial ones like that somewhere.

I reckon perspex bolted in place (M3 bolts/nyloc nuts?), with the perspex (with the edges smoothed off) mounted inside the tub to give it a bit of added strength, and a bolt (with the head inside the tub and the nut outside) every 2-3" around the edge.
If the perspex is mounted inside the tub it should prevent it being pushed out as the pond wall itself will provide the strength and not just the bolts - if it was mounted outside, the plastic of the pond may be soft enough to allow small bolts to slip through.

That's how I'd do it anyway :D
seems best way,will give it a go this week an see how well it lasts
regards gaz

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Bloomin' ada Gaz......how big is your freezer mate :?: :?: Thems a LOTTA mouths to feed :!: :!: You must have too hire an Iceland delivery van a month :shock:

That is some collection there Bud. Nice one . Crackin . Gobsmacked .

I need to go lie down noo .

Take care

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Did you ever manage to get some windows installed? Could you also tell me the name of the company that makes those ponds? Thanks

·
Registered
439 Posts
nice work gaz... :thumb::thumb:
i know were the idea and tubs came from too...:wink::wink: i'll shoot some pics for you this comming week that should give you a idea as to how the perspex windows have been fitted up here. the main difference is that the tubs up here had the windows in the side rather than end on, but i can see that making a huge difference.

regards
bob

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
so how many snakes you got exactly?:?

41 - 55 of 55 Posts