Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a few of my racks... always getting people asking for pics, all home made by my OH except for the pro rack :) Do I have enough?!

Hatchling Rack for Boas/Royals, grown on corns, not full yet

Hatchling Rack for Corns (mostly empty but capacity for 200)

Assorted rack of things that are for sale

Racks for Grown on & Adult corns, grown on boas, royals etc.

Empty corn rack but not forever :whistling2: Always good to have extra space "just in case". Was finished last week.

Pro Rack for some grown on / small adult boas down the bottom.. leopard geckos and some sub adult corns at the top.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Jeez man! Were do you keep all these? These wouldnt fit in my entire house! mama, i see you have alot of reptile ... the more the meryer ;)

Great racks!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
wow stuning racks

·
Banned
1,854 Posts
nice racks.. one thing... where do you live in this house. lmao.. have you got a personal rack? :lol2: i know they wouldnt fit in my house. :lol2:

·
Registered
25,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Pro-rack looks great - I really must get my but in gear and sort mine out soon

Great pics

Chris
They are pretty nice, we're saving for one just with the XL tubs at the bottom but boy they're not cheap.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Some great looking racks there :no1:

·
Registered
263 Posts
hi there i was wondering how u heat all of them tubs is it 1 big heat mat or 1 heat mat per
thanks
Alan

·
Registered
456 Posts
Not wanting to sound negative, and Im in now way attempting to put you down, offend you, or any form disrespect your obvious love for anything with scales! :). However, I am curious as to why? You have so many different once spread over so many racks in tubs that you can barely see through.

I know personally I would love to watch all these different species roam around in artificial created environments that near closely mimic their natural habitats. Sort of capturing a piece of the world and viewing it from the comfort of your own home.

Though that is just me personally, and I am but one person :). Theres a good few people on here such as yourself with big stacks and big collections. I was just curious as to what draws you to keeping so many different species like this? Do you handle each one everyday? Do you spend the majority of your day just being around them? Are they simply for breeding?

Like I said, please dont take offence, Im just curious as to what drives people to create such huge collections :).

·
Registered
25,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not wanting to sound negative, and Im in now way attempting to put you down, offend you, or any form disrespect your obvious love for anything with scales! :). However, I am curious as to why? You have so many different once spread over so many racks in tubs that you can barely see through.

I know personally I would love to watch all these different species roam around in artificial created environments that near closely mimic their natural habitats. Sort of capturing a piece of the world and viewing it from the comfort of your own home.

Though that is just me personally, and I am but one person :). Theres a good few people on here such as yourself with big stacks and big collections. I was just curious as to what draws you to keeping so many different species like this? Do you handle each one everyday? Do you spend the majority of your day just being around them? Are they simply for breeding?

Like I said, please dont take offence, Im just curious as to what drives people to create such huge collections :).
Mine are for breeding. I don't believe that handling snakes is good for them every day to be honest, and that's another debate. I think that they have all their needs met in their environment - my needs to want to touch, see, play with them, are irrelevant, they are not toys. But obviously, I am a commercial breeder, I own a retail store, and I produce many many hundreds of hatchlings a year.

Many people create natural environments and kudos to them, but whilst I am a passionate hobbyist, I could not have the collection I had if I did not breed them, as I wouldn't be able to afford to keep it! I do believe in animal welfare and would not keep my animals as I do if i did not think their needs are met, some people may disagree.

If you do want to create a discussion on racks vs vivariums though i'm sure it will make an interesting debate for the snake section :) It has been done a few times before if you search but it never hurts to have a chat about it again.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Mine are for breeding. I don't believe that handling snakes is good for them every day to be honest, and that's another debate. I think that they have all their needs met in their environment - my needs to want to touch, see, play with them, are irrelevant, they are not toys. But obviously, I am a commercial breeder, I own a retail store, and I produce many many hundreds of hatchlings a year.

Many people create natural environments and kudos to them, but whilst I am a passionate hobbyist, I could not have the collection I had if I did not breed them, as I wouldn't be able to afford to keep it! I do believe in animal welfare and would not keep my animals as I do if i did not think their needs are met, some people may disagree.

If you do want to create a discussion on racks vs vivariums though i'm sure it will make an interesting debate for the snake section :) It has been done a few times before if you search but it never hurts to have a chat about it again.
Ah righty, Im still new to the forums and not sure who owns what shop etc. That makes much more sense :). Like I said I am in no way implying that the animals are not looked after, and im sure every need to met to the letter. Its just so many people seems obsessed with creating laboratory style 'sterile' environments, which usually just looks like a 'lizard in a tub', I sometimes wonder what it is exactly they are trying to achieve.

Anyways Im not gonna Hi-Jack your thread anymore, and if anyone wants to disagree with me or start a discussion/argument (lol) then either PM or start a new thread, I would actually really like to hear people opinions. Perhaps Im missing something :).

Nice collection btw, it must be pretty exciting to deal with so many different species :).

·
Registered
714 Posts
very nice setups i have a rack but nothing compared to those lol

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
hi there i was wondering how u heat all of them tubs is it 1 big heat mat or 1 heat mat per
thanks
Alan
Looking closely looks like theyre heated by long mats down the backboard of the stack? I could be wrong but does look that way :2thumb:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts