Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Germany a lot of companies sell radiator panels but here in the UK they seem to be like gold dust. I think the only ones you were able to get are the Habistat ones and with them now discontinued and the website down for God knows how long now since Monkfield merged with Euro Rep in 2017 I certainly don't want to buy anything given they are also now as expensive as gold dust.

Anyway - I used to love them especially for Boas as they were good to keep the ambient warm enough at the 'cold' end ...

Is anyone else using a different brand that Google refuses to bring up or is that really not a UK thing ?

·
Registered
192 Posts
In Germany a lot of companies sell radiator panels but here in the UK they seem to be like gold dust. I think the only ones you were able to get are the Habistat ones and with them now discontinued and the website down for God knows how long now since Monkfield merged with Euro Rep in 2017 I certainly don't want to buy anything given they are also now as expensive as gold dust.

Anyway - I used to love them especially for Boas as they were good to keep the ambient warm enough at the 'cold' end ...

Is anyone else using a different brand that Google refuses to bring up or is that really not a UK thing ?
I've found a source of heat panels & am now supplying them that can be used in a vivarium. Check out my YouTube vid on them:

·
Registered
9,313 Posts
£125 complete with reflector / bracket - that's a fair price - and it's ideal for the larger vivs. How hot does the actual panel run at., presumably not hot enough to warrant a guard ?

·
Registered
192 Posts
£125 complete with reflector / bracket - that's a fair price - and it's ideal for the larger vivs. How hot does the actual panel run at., presumably not hot enough to warrant a guard ?
Absolutely. No guard needed, they are hot to touch, but not hot enough to burn you. No hotter than touching a ceramic heater cage.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I've found a source of heat panels & am now supplying them that can be used in a vivarium. Check out my YouTube vid on them:

Hey retic666 . Could you please direct me to where I can acquire these 180 heat panels? I'v been trying to get more of the habistat ones but asalready mentioned theyr like bloody gold dust.Thanks buddy.

·
Registered
9,313 Posts
Hey retic666 . Could you please direct me to where I can acquire these 180 heat panels? I'v been trying to get more of the habistat ones but asalready mentioned theyr like bloody gold dust.Thanks buddy.
Drop him a PM - I think he is selling them !

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Also I wouldn't want to buy something that has been discontinued ...

But yea - PM him, Russ is a top bloke - I must have talked to him for an hour last night ...

I bought two panels from him, the 180W and a 350W one ... will def. review them once my viv is ready and the panels are here :)

·
Registered
9,313 Posts
Also I wouldn't want to buy something that has been discontinued ...

But yea - PM him, Russ is a top bloke - I must have talked to him for an hour last night ...

I bought two panels from him, the 180W and a 350W one ... will def. review them once my viv is ready and the panels are here :)
Russ... was that 20% or 25% commission we discussed 😉

·
Registered
97 Posts
It's funny as I was just thinking the other day that it was strange considering the popularity of heat panels and the lack of any available in the UK that no other reptile equipment companies had picked up on the gap in the market and taken advantage by making they'r own reptile heat panels.
Does anyone know the dimensions of these heat panels ?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Morning, did someone mention my name?

RGBeer the heat panels are 600x300x22mm. When mounted you get a 12mm gap between viv & top of panel so excellent for getting air flow round the top of panel.

I've been after doing something with these Heat panels for a while now as the Habistat were only 75w, very good heaters, but I would need 2 in an 8ft viv which would cost me £150 for 150w. So £ per watt basically. I've developed the mounting brackets that include removable probe mount so you have the option to hang your probe directly under the heat source. The 600x300x180w are £125 & 600x600x350w are £150. Plus postage on these also. Drop me a private message if you are interested.

Cheers Russ

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have Heka Warmplattes with mine, they came with my IMCages. Not too expensive and do the trick.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Morning, did someone mention my name?

RGBeer the heat panels are 600x300x22mm. When mounted you get a 12mm gap between viv & top of panel so excellent for getting air flow round the top of panel.

I've been after doing something with these Heat panels for a while now as the Habistat were only 75w, very good heaters, but I would need 2 in an 8ft viv which would cost me £150 for 150w. So £ per watt basically. I've developed the mounting brackets that include removable probe mount so you have the option to hang your probe directly under the heat source. The 600x300x180w are £125 & 600x600x350w are £150. Plus postage on these also. Drop me a private message if you are interested.

Cheers Russ
Even the smaller ones a tad big for what I'm looking for. You should see about doing smaller ones like 75 watts too as there is none about so theres a gap in the market for them and there's probably an even bigger market for those than the big ones your doing. I think you would get rid of a lot of the smaller ones too if you had em

·
Registered
192 Posts
Even the smaller ones a tad big for what I'm looking for. You should see about doing smaller ones like 75 watts too as there is none about so theres a gap in the market for them and there's probably an even bigger market for those than the big ones your doing. I think you would get rid of a lot of the smaller ones too if you had em
180watts is the smallest they do. I was looking at the gap in the market for heat panels to suit the large vivs, so wasn't interested in the smaller Habistat ones. 75watt are great for smaller vivs, but problem being is that you would need 2 of them for the larger vivs.

·
Registered
9,313 Posts
It's been explained that these panels were sourced for large enclosures of 8' x 3' or more and suitable for larger snakes. The fit the bill for their intended purpose. Due to the lack of availability and the need to have more than one reptile radiator in such a large enclosure, Russ has sourced the ideal alternative. To look at smaller plate type heaters for smaller three and four foot enclosures would place him in direct competition with traditional ceramics.

Decades ago you could get a heatplate, a 50watt ceramic tile slightly larger than an A5 sheet of paper. It came with a fibreglass matt that was placed between it and the top of the vivarium and gave a nice low profile means of heating vivs upto 48" x 18" x 18" if the viv was in an average living room. I still have one, but sadly it was discontinued a few years later due to poor sales !

1 - 20 of 23 Posts