Reptile Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry to dig up an old thread.

I contacted Monkfield nutritionabout a year ago, during the first lock down as no where had the rads in stock. Rumour was they were discontinued.

this isn’t the case, owing to all the backlogs, the roads go to various places to be built and as lockdown and freight were enforced, it put the kibosh on production.

I managed to find one and for £60 which wasn’t too bad as prior to them being available, cheapest I saw was £45.

anyway, some alternatives. These guys who are setting up:

There’s also these guys who have the same sort of thing but for chicks etc that people have used:

And for those that dare, there’s the standard RHP panels that you can buy and just wire up to a thermostat - again, only read about - not tried.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I managed to get a few Habistat ones and have some spare, but I also use the Heka Warmeplatte (the one used for chicks) and think they are better, also a good range of sizes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I managed to get a few Habistat ones and have some spare, but I also use the Heka Warmeplatte (the one used for chicks) and think they are better, also a good range of sizes.
well, now I know there’s a good smattering of sizes about, including Russ’ above - if people ask,I can share the wealth. Won’t be too long before in building a bigger viv for my bci anyway. All information is useful in some way.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts