Reptile Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much soul searching we have deciced to look for homes for our 3 beautiful blue point Ragdolls,We keep lots of mantis and Chameleons which have become pretty much full time. Mum and dad are about 18 months old she has had one litter from which we have one male 5 months old.They have excellent pedigree and are beautiful and friendly, good homes a must. They are not registered as the breeder we bought from doesnt register hers in an effort to keep the price down .They live between cleethorpes and louth on the east coast however i travel to south yorks on a regular basis so could deliver for a small fee Looking for £100 each for the adults and £130 for the little boy

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
Sorry but it only costs £6 or £12 to register a kitten - I don't think that's going to make much difference to the price, especially when the registration certificate is the only proof that you're buying a pedigree cat! Is it not because the parents aren't registered so she can't register the kittens.

I asked you on your other thread but you haven't answered yet, have they all been neutered?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sorry but it only costs £6 or £12 to register a kitten - I don't think that's going to make much difference to the price, especially when the registration certificate is the only proof that you're buying a pedigree cat! Is it not because the parents aren't registered so she can't register the kittens.

I asked you on your other thread but you haven't answered yet, have they all been neutered?
it does make a diffrence between the prices of unregistered cats and registered ones.GCCF kittens sell for min £350 and unregistered are around £250 mark.you still have to pay fees on top of registering the kittens but the parents have to be gccf to be able to do this.if the parents arent registered then you can not register the kitten because weres the proof that there full pedigree?most people that sell unregistered kittens also give you something that shows there pedigree generation.

·
Registered
898 Posts
it does make a diffrence between the prices of unregistered cats and registered ones.GCCF kittens sell for min £350 and unregistered are around £250 mark.
Isn't that because unregistered could actually be mixed breeds - the cost of registration is minimal and at least in teh dog world the only reason people don't register dogs is when they are not allowed to - ie mixed breeds, too old or young to whelp, endorsements etc etc ....

·
Registered
178 Posts
Isn't that because unregistered could actually be mixed breeds - the cost of registration is minimal and at least in teh dog world the only reason people don't register dogs is when they are not allowed to - ie mixed breeds, too old or young to whelp, endorsements etc etc ....
i have unregistered cats.there all full ragdolls got all the paper work(family tree) so it shows there bloodlines,only diffrents iss ther not registered.if they were reg then for a reg stud you would be looking around £300mark plus the gccf fees and to reg the kittens,then sell kittens around £30mark plus you have paid around £600mark for your queen.if you had the same ones but unreg £250mark for your queen,think aroud £100mark to put her to a stud,no fees to pay,apart from vet sell kittens around £250 so your making more profit,thats y alot are turning to unreg.

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
it does make a diffrence between the prices of unregistered cats and registered ones.GCCF kittens sell for min £350 and unregistered are around £250 mark.you still have to pay fees on top of registering the kittens but the parents have to be gccf to be able to do this.if the parents arent registered then you can not register the kitten because weres the proof that there full pedigree?most people that sell unregistered kittens also give you something that shows there pedigree generation.
My point was that the original poster was saying the breeder didn't register the kittens so she could keep the price down and I was saying that, as it only costs £6 or £12 to register a kitten, that's not going to make a difference to the selling price of the kittens. A breeder can sell a kitten for whatever price they choose - registering the kittens wouldn't prevent the breeder from asking less than normal for them, which was why I was asking if she wasn't registering them because she couldn't register them.
Exactly my point - anyone can make up a pedigree and sell a dog or cat with that, claiming it is a pedigree breed, but it proves nothing. The only thing that proves the kitten is a pedigree is the registration certificate.
i have unregistered cats.there all full ragdolls got all the paper work(family tree) so it shows there bloodlines,only diffrents iss ther not registered.if they were reg then for a reg stud you would be looking around £300mark plus the gccf fees and to reg the kittens,then sell kittens around £30mark plus you have paid around £600mark for your queen.if you had the same ones but unreg £250mark for your queen,think aroud £100mark to put her to a stud,no fees to pay,apart from vet sell kittens around £250 so your making more profit,thats y alot are turning to unreg.
I think if you have unregistered cats that are all full pedigrees but they aren't registered, that's because the breeder wasn't able to register them, probably because the breeder of the parents had registered the cats on the Non Active Register to try to prevent people from breeding from the cats, because in their opinion the cats weren't good enough to be bred from. That's what the Non Active Register is for - to prevent people buying kittens that the breeder thinks should not be bred from at 'pet price' and then breeding them to make money, which is exactly the point you have just made - making a profit.

·
Pets are a luxury!!!
28,359 Posts
I think if you have unregistered cats that are all full pedigrees but they aren't registered, that's because the breeder wasn't able to register them, probably because the breeder of the parents had registered the cats on the Non Active Register to try to prevent people from breeding from the cats, because in their opinion the cats weren't good enough to be bred from. That's what the Non Active Register is for - to prevent people buying kittens that the breeder thinks should not be bred from at 'pet price' and then breeding them to make money, which is exactly the point you have just made - making a profit.

I think this is why some breeders early neuter their kittens.
Years ago someone was selling Cats that came with a handwriiten Pedigree and they had the name of "English Breeding Cats" An old Scottish breed they said. WTF they looked like what they were Tabby Moggys. The only reason I got to know about it was they contacted Cats Protection as they couldnt sell the last litter so we picked them up but it just goes to show. Anyone can write a pedigree for any cat but it doesnt make it a Pedigree.

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
I think this is why some breeders early neuter their kittens.
Years ago someone was selling Cats that came with a handwriiten Pedigree and they had the name of "English Breeding Cats" An old Scottish breed they said. WTF they looked like what they were Tabby Moggys. The only reason I got to know about it was they contacted Cats Protection as they couldnt sell the last litter so we picked them up but it just goes to show. Anyone can write a pedigree for any cat but it doesnt make it a Pedigree.
Exactly right Shell. There are loads of people out there who have bought kittens from breeders claiming to only want them as pets and then are breeding them and selling the kittens. The active register was designed as a way to protect them, but it obviously doesn't work where backyard breeders are concerned, so neutering before pet kittens leave the breeder's premises is the only sure way to prevent this.

·
Registered
63 Posts
For goodness sake!!!

I thought it quoted on rules and regulations that you had to abide by the following when replying to for sale posts!

"Please do not make posts that are not regarding the sale, stuff like "I would buy that, but I dont have any money" and "if only you were nearer". Please also do not disrupt sales with unwanted or negative opinions with stuff like "thats nice, but it seems a bit expensive to me" and "I thought I saw one cheaper over there". Posts like this may be removed."

I have only done the above to prove a point! Move somewhere else and whinge about papers and pedigree etc. They have stated in the advert they don't have papers, those genuinely wanting to buy will take this into consideration and probably couldn't care less whether they are registered or not.

I am so sick of seeing this kind of thing where it shouldn't be. If you are that interested in the ifs and whys but not in the actual purchasing PM them :whistling2:

·
Banned
9,811 Posts
Woohoo, who died and made Capester boss??

·
Registered
63 Posts
i'm just a stickler for rules and regulations! lol :lol: and it's mrs capester if you dont mind.

·
Banned
9,811 Posts
Alright then, Capester. If you say so xxx

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
OK Mrs Capester, as I made the first post which didn't say anything about buying I'll tell you why I did it! I did it because the OP was announcing that the cats had excellent pedigrees, but there is no proof of that if the cats aren't registered. Not everyone who reads this forum is aware of how the Cat Fancy works and in their naivety could be taken in by paying good money for a pedigree cat that is not actually a pedigree! And before anyone points out that the charges were not high for a pedigree cat, most people re-homing pedigree cats give them away for the price of a neutering fee or a donation to the breed rescue, they don't sell them!

However, my main point was to ask again whether these 3 cats had been neutered. The OP had made a similar thread only 4 days earlier and I asked if they were neutered on that thread too, advising that if they weren't neutered they should be before they were sold.

If you check out this forum you will see that the OP has not deigned to come back to either of their original threads, but chosen to start yet another thread last week and has now sold the older male and female!

·
Banned
9,811 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well your obviously not grasping the context of my post. If you wish to continue this start a thread in the correct place and i will join you there to discuss. I don't mean to offend anyone its just there are places for this and its not here!!! regardless of your opinions on certain matters. "classifieds" should make this clear. It's not for general chat. If your really concerned PM the individuals who appear to be interested and talk through your concerns. I personally just want to see whats for sale. If i'm interested ask the seller a question regarding it and if i want it arrange to see it. I don't want to read through post after post of people not interested in buying just interested in offering their opinions... negative or not.

:bash:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Sorry if this upets people, but I feel Imust take feorag's side on this one. As a breeder of pedigree cats I am always very wary when I see pedigree cats offered with no registration as there can be several reasons for this which are:
1. have been bred from parents not on the active register (parents bought as pets with the agreement they won't be bred from)
2. Parents have no papers, therefore unsure if they are pedigree themselves.
3. Parents are too closely related to allow kittens to be registered.
4. Kittens are from a back to back litter (you can only usually register one litter per queen per year)

It also states that both mum and dad are around 18 months old, that also rings a few alarm bells. Is it possible they are from the same littler or from the same breeder and closely related?

Again, sorry if this upsets anyone, but as feorag is doing, I'm just giving my opinion as a responsible breeder.
Any cats without paperwork should but thought to be pedigree should really be advertised as "believed to be ********"

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
Well your obviously not grasping the context of my post. If you wish to continue this start a thread in the correct place and i will join you there to discuss. I don't mean to offend anyone its just there are places for this and its not here!!! regardless of your opinions on certain matters. "classifieds" should make this clear. It's not for general chat. If your really concerned PM the individuals who appear to be interested and talk through your concerns. I personally just want to see whats for sale. If i'm interested ask the seller a question regarding it and if i want it arrange to see it. I don't want to read through post after post of people not interested in buying just interested in offering their opinions... negative or not.

:bash:
Excuse me, but I am not stupid. I know the rules on classified, but at times there can be extenuating circumstances that warrant a comment to be made or a simple question to be asked - I think asking if the cats are neutered is a very pertinent question to whether someone might be interested in buying them.

There have now been 3 threads on these 3 cats and I grasped entirely the context of your post! What is the point of starting a new thread "in the correct place" purely to ask the questions that the OP didn't bother answering on either of the other 2 threads, if the main reason for posting that thread is to make people looking to buy the kittens aware that they may not be what the OP is advertising them to be!! The people thinking of buying those cats may not look in the "correct place"

You don't have to read through the whole thread - nobody makes you do that. YOu read what the OP has to offer and if you're interested you pm them!

Oh and by the way I didn't start a conversation - I merely asked 2 questions in 1 post, which the OP hadn't the courtesy to answer and I bet I know why they didn't and decided to start another 2 threads instead!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I thought it quoted on rules and regulations that you had to abide by the following when replying to for sale posts!

"Please do not make posts that are not regarding the sale, stuff like "I would buy that, but I dont have any money" and "if only you were nearer". Please also do not disrupt sales with unwanted or negative opinions with stuff like "thats nice, but it seems a bit expensive to me" and "I thought I saw one cheaper over there". Posts like this may be removed."

I have only done the above to prove a point! Move somewhere else and whinge about papers and pedigree etc. They have stated in the advert they don't have papers, those genuinely wanting to buy will take this into consideration and probably couldn't care less whether they are registered or not.

I am so sick of seeing this kind of thing where it shouldn't be. If you are that interested in the ifs and whys but not in the actual purchasing PM them :whistling2:
Well said! :2thumb: Registration is only needed if you are showing animals, paperwork is of no importance to anyone else. Most people select the pets they like the look of and just because an animal does not have paperwork does not mean it is not a pedigree - you can use your own judgement and common sense when viewing pets for sale or adoption to assess if it is the type or breed you wish to own. :hmm:

·
Registered
428 Posts
re ragdolls.

There could also be another reason why they doing this.

Ragdolls are known for heart problems. My Raggy as a heart Murmur, he is on the Reg list as he won 2 shows, he is now retired.
He is also Neutered. (I didnt want to stud him out knowing he as this heart defect.) There are some Ragdoll Breeders that know damn well their kittens or parents have Heart murmurs.
Pigs me off when you get Breeders who do this just to make a quick buck, much like puppy farms. But in saying that there are many many good breeders about.
I am to worried that these Raggys could be interbred.

Here is my old man, (i have ped birman to. )He will be 11 years old in may and doing ok. http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/dome...oll-kittens-sale-post2259633.html#post2259633

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.