Reptile Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi can any 1 tell me any info on rainbow pythons as i cant find any , and i have just brought 1 , i have had corn snakes b4 but just wanted some new info on this snake :)

·
Registered
9,472 Posts
hi can any 1 tell me any info on rainbow pythons as i cant find any , and i have just brought 1 , i have had corn snakes b4 but just wanted some new info on this snake :)
wonder why she could'nt find anything:no1:
:lol2:

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
wonder why she could'nt find anything:no1:
:lol2:
Why do you presume it's a female that can't find the information????

It sounds like a bloke to me.:Na_Na_Na_Na:

Anyway people make mistakes and if the OP was told it was a python then they might believe the person they bought it from.

·
Premium Member
13,877 Posts
Why do you presume it's a female that can't find the information????

It sounds like a bloke to me.:Na_Na_Na_Na:

Anyway people make mistakes and if the OP was told it was a python then they might believe the person they bought it from.
Sounds like two people to me:Na_Na_Na_Na:

Indeed. That's why I asked for a pic so we know properly what we're dealing with. It may be a Royal python. We just don't know without seeing it.

Please don't be put off kelnbaz. We'll help in any way we can:).

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Don't want to be sounding judgemental, but why did you buy it without researching it first? Was it a mercy purchase? (as in bought it quickly because the snake was being kept incorrectly or was unwanted). If you check out the the care sheet thread on here, I'm sure there's one for Rainbow Boa's. Do you know what type of rainbow it is? It may make a difference as to the temps or humidity it might require. : victory:

·
Registered
683 Posts
to be fair though a lot of people seem to think boas and pythons are the same, and although their very similar they are different.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Hmm what are the differences between boas and pythons?

I read in a snake book that there aren't any real differences, people just call the girthier ones pythons. I have to admit the other day when I saw a big snake (maybe 12 feet or so) from a distance I thought it was a burm. Turns out it was an ordinary boa, though in my opinion she's massively obese. I'd love to know what the actual difference between them is.

·
Registered
10,069 Posts

I read in a snake book that there aren't any real differences, people just call the girthier ones pythons. I have to admit the other day when I saw a big snake (maybe 12 feet or so) from a distance I thought it was a burm. Turns out it was an ordinary boa, though in my opinion she's massively obese. I'd love to know what the actual difference between them is.
Boa...produce babies
Python..produce eggs.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Ahh ok. Guess I'd know that if I was a breeder :D

Still doesn't help with visual identification but nice to know anyway :lol2:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Corns and Kings are more closely related than Boas and pythons.

Maybe its because i own a few of each i can't see how a boa and a python could be confused in any way.

They just don't look alike.

Except maybe for the smaller Childrens pythons and Jamaican Boas.

Maybe.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
The family Henophidia is split into 2 sub-families: Boids and Pythoninae.
There are visual differences and it is usually obviuos whether a snake is a python or boa. I have found that boas tend to have narrower heads and that python heads are wider at the neck and then have a visible curve whereit narrows off toi the snout...
Ben

·
Registered
837 Posts
Im sure Ive also heard that pythons have an extra bone in the head and a few more teeth.

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts