Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided (after much egging-on by co-workers) to dye my hair a stupid colour in order to raise money for a deserving reptile rescue charity. Originally the plan was to donate the funds to Proteus, but to be honest their attitude has been a little off-putting (only willing to communicate because they know a donations involved - otherwise they ignore calls and emails).

So, I'm looking for other potential candidates. Conditions are;

1) Must be a legit. reptile rescue service in operation for more than 18 months.
2) Must be a registered charity.

If you know of a suitable organisation please give their details and a paragraph or two stating why they deserve the money!

Hannah

·
Registered
25,691 Posts
The charity I support is: Many Tears Dog Rescue

They are a local South Wales charity who go to the pound on the days that dogs are due to be put to sleep due to no one rehoming them, and they take them out, and try to rehabilitate them. They take abused dogs, and bitches from puppy farms, and basically the dogs no one wants. They have very little to no funding and every penny means a lot to them. They save the lives of dogs one dog at a time just trying to make a difference.

The unfortunate reality is that there are millions of mistreated dogs out there but every life saved counts.

http://www.freewebs.com/manytearsrescue/

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
i'm looking at that website, and seeing all the gorgeous dogs that no-one wanted is making me so sad. i'm not really a dog fan, but i want to take them all home with me. especially the new doberman cross puppy. its so cute. and the rescue isn't that far from me either. If i get driving soon, i may up and give them some help. they'll need it and it all helps towards my college course.

:( i feel all sad now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts