Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi. for the last 8 weeks or so my too rankins dragons have not been up to much atall.....

about 2 in the afternoon they will wake up,.,, and either just stay in the same spot they slept in, allllllllllllllllll day.. or they might get up and bang on glass to come out, but soon as they come out it was just to get into darker space like between a pillow or somethink... all the usual stuff is ok... they are eating.. although one of them wasnt few weeks back... this alll started from when i wormed them.. went downhill from there.

they have been the vets etc but he was more interested in why one of them was quite fat.. (liver problem suspected, blood tests,,, but thats another story)

any help on inactivity will me great as im worryied sick

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
My brother had the same problem, I dont mean this will happen to yours but we thought it was brumation as it was winter but then after a little while both dragons went very downhill and after several vet checks they were on antibiotics for gut problems. apparently its fairly common and can be mistaken for brumation. by the time the antibiotics were given it was too late and both dragons just slowly died. I dont know the exact details but it was something to do with the gut and the digestion of food.
like i said this may not apply to you but mention it to your vet.
Lance Jepson is our vet and I trust what he says so have no worries about his knowledge unlike some others

1 - 4 of 4 Posts