Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My sister's rankins dragon, which is about a year old, hasn't eaten any crickets in about 3 weeks. We've tried leaving them in his viv for him to catch on his own, we've taken everything out of his viv and just left him and the crickets in there so it's easier for him to catch them, and we've even tried hand feeding them to him. But none of these seem to be helping, and he shows no interest in the crickets at all. He only eats 1 or 2 dandelion leaves a day and every few days some butternut squash. As far as i am aware she is cover the dandelion leaves in the different powders so that he is getting the vitamins/ minerals from those.

As well as this he isn't very active.

We are starting to get a bit worried and was wondering if anyone could offer any help.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,467 Posts
Not meaning to sound offensive, but if you used the search function at the top, you would have found a million and one threads about rankins dragons not eating much at around a year of age.

I'm guessing its a male. How do I know? Because at a year of age, 99.9% of males become grumpy :censor:ers. They just hide away from the light and the heat. Mine only came out about once or twice a month to eat one locust, then retreated back under the branches.

Of course, if its losing weight, or showing other signs of being ill, you should take it to the vets straight away.

·
Oh God - not her AGAIN
9,637 Posts
Also - how old is the UV you are using? They do need changing regularly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The UV light is around 5 months old. Is that too old? Does it need changing?

However my dragon is completely different to my sister's, he's active and also eating fine. They are both brothers and we got them a week apart. So it was just strange how different they are.

·
Registered
523 Posts
what are your temps like

1 - 5 of 5 Posts