Reptile Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

Picking up a lizard to day from a mate that don't want it any more.
Its ment to be a beardie but its tiny can any one tell me how to tell a rankins and a beardie apart ? other than size of course

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
only way i've noticed is, obviously the size, and Rankins have a rounded nose, whereas BD's have more of a pointed nose, other than that i'm not sure.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
the spikes on a beardie go right around the face, ears and most the way round the chin, rankins dont have this.

the heads on a rankins dragon are more 'D' shaped rather than '>' shaped.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
as a general rule I would say if you don't know which it is then its probably a beardie. rankins are not as easy to come by in pet shops as beardies, and as such, would probably cost more. therefore anyone who buys one probably knows what they have got. if your friend doesn't know then I doubt he would have bought a rankins.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for helping im very sure its a beardie :D now i just have to hope its a female (to young to tell yet) and i'll be extra happy

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
rankins are pretty cute, i didnt know they looked like that. I want one now lol

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
only way i've noticed is, obviously the size, and Rankins have a rounded nose, whereas BD's have more of a pointed nose, other than that i'm not sure.
how big do rankins grow and which are bigger?:lol2: I'm Stpid

·
Registered
2,990 Posts

difference of same aged animals

bearded

rankins

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
so could on be kept in 21inch by 15inch or so

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
do they only grow to 12inches? I have read that, but does that go to end of tail to.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts