Reptile Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all my 6 mnth old Rankins refuses to even look at any greens I offer up,any one got any idea how to tempt him?
cheers

·
Registered
295 Posts
Ditto, my 2 month rankins doesnt eat any greens i have tried, she will have the quick nibble at a grape (doesnt barely touch it) and the odd bit of cress if she catches it whilst eating a cricket or mealworm.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Maybe you could try different types of greens - mine love the pak choi and chinese cabbage. You could also try just a few defrosted peas squashed up and put amongst the greens - all dragons seem to adore those and when they go to grab them will scoff down some good nourishing greens at the same time.

Luckily my rankins love their veges - but my beardie barely used to touch them :(

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
Rankins are like bd's arent they, if not ignore me :lol: , the main part of their diet at that age is crix, they will eat veg more as they get older, my bd is 10-11 months old (cant remember) and has only started eating veg in the last 6-8 weeks.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Cheers mate, thats exactly what i was hoping for... heard a few people mention it before :D. Nevertheless i will still offer :). Though its a waste of money lol! Best keep growing my own cress lol.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I would aggreee with mark, my rankins also are not that keen on veg at the moment, only occasionally eating some cress and green beans chopped up. Although I would like them to eat more I honestly think it will just take time and patience and with a little encouragement they will eventually eat more when their appetite builds. As long as they are getting well gut loaded crix and other fine looking bugs they will be fine!

Han x

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers,he is mad on large locusts and giant mealworms so I will keep fattening him up! I will offer him greens still I am glad to know it takes time :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts