Reptile Forums banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
No, I am no expert, but an example or two:

A female crested gecko with severe floppy tail syndrome, with the very obvious "indent" at the base of the tail, that is showing protruded, slightly twisted hips, should NOT BE BRED FROM. I shouldn't have to state why, it's common sense right? Twisted hips, large egg passing?

An "Enigma" leopard gecko, that shows severe signs of brain damage, nervous system problems, should NOT BE BRED FROM.

I am so fed up with certain beings calling themselves a "passionate, animal lover" who has a "love for animals well being".

This is not a dig at breeders, or anyone in particular.

I am just so tired of hearing how some seem to feel the need to breed a certain lizard because it is a rare morph, regardless of the fact it has MBD, FTS, severe enigma syndrome, and other genetic/possibly genetic abnormalities.

What are you achieving? Offspring that will potentially be very ill, deformed, and even if well enough to make it out of the egg, pass on these genes carried, to further damage any decent gene pool left.

This is my opinion, I feel strongly about it and couldn't care less about those that say "But it's detrimental to the hobby that we breed this gecko!", it isn't detrimental to the hobby you idiot, that animal has a mind, feelings (pain, physical) and has needs like us.

Yes this is an outburst from an upset PV that has spoken, and tried to help the last F***tard for the last time.

MORPH OR NOT, IF IT'S NOT HEALTHY, OR DISPLAYING SIGNS OF ABNORMALITIES WHICH COULD CAUSE PROBLEMS, DON'T BLOODY BREED IT.

Just because you have a reptile, doesn't mean you HAVE to breed it....

Is it lack of common sense? Or just a pure lack of respect for the animal?

I'm always open to your opinions, if you don't agree with me, I'd love to hear from you.

Now I need a glass of wine,

Jac

HERE HERE!! :no1:

·
Registered
20,002 Posts
now i totally agree with you there, and because your talking about reptiles i'm sure 99% of the people on this site will agree with you.

i spoke about how i feel this should apply to every living being including humans and everyone slates me as a natzi... same thing in my opinion, why breed if your unhealthy.

but then most humans these days are just idiots, and that isnt directed towards anybody before someone jumps down my throat

you are a nazi trying to take away a humans right to breed, are you stupid? I thought so...

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
I don't care, I like my leos to disco dance, so I intend to pair my flipping enigma male with my MBD affected enigma female...(That's if he will stay still long enough)

I reckon cos they are clutchmates they will give me lovely babies.

:whistling2:

Sarcasm alert for those unfamiliar.

·
Premium Member
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
I don't care, I like my leos to disco dance, so I intend to pair my flipping enigma male with my MBD affected enigma female...(That's if he will stay still long enough)

I reckon cos they are clutchmates they will give me lovely babies.

:whistling2:

Sarcasm alert for those unfamiliar.
Bwahahahahahahahaha! Nice to see a light note on my angry subject..

I feel very strongly about my opinion, but I also have a sense of humour. Flipping leos, now there's a thing!

I'd just like to thank those that have added their input, both scientific based theory/ideas/possible fact and others that have provided their opinion too.

Jac

·
Premium Member
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Well, not seen anything dire of late, but thought I'd bump this up... Just to keep people aware, that breeding an animal is more than just putting a female and a male together.

You're responsible for the care and safety, correct supplement, and everything to ensure the animal was "fit for purpose" for want of better words, in the first place.

As it's coming round to the time where people are considering their pairs, it's time to make this heard again me thinks.

Like I said before, this is something I'm very passionate about.

If it's not 100% healthy, don't breed. Why bother? It's a life. If it's for factual and scientific research done in the correct conditions for the right reasons, (most will understand my thoughts on this) that is different, but shouldn't be done by someone like myself or others unless qualified.

Jac

81 - 85 of 85 Posts