Reptile Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just posted this too the genetics section, then realised I'm probably going to get a better response on here as the genetics section seems more for reptiles!

I'm thinking of breeding a self fawn top eared doe (mum was silver fawn, dad was champagne) To either a self blue or self black buck (parents were lilac and russian blue)

What are the colours likely to come from this breeding?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just posted this too the genetics section, then realised I'm probably going to get a better response on here as the genetics section seems more for reptiles!

I'm thinking of breeding a self fawn top eared doe (mum was silver fawn, dad was champagne) To either a self blue or self black buck (parents were lilac and russian blue)

What are the colours likely to come from this breeding?
All black and agouti, carrying pink eye, blue (If thre blue is the dad) and possibly carrying russian blue and whatever makes lilac (BB and chocolate?). That's if there's no other recessives in there :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
isnt lilac aabbdd?
as in chocolate and self and blue?
Yeah that's what I said, BB = british blue.

The blue or black buck (If they are brothers) would be carrying russian blue, british blue and chocolate, though obviously the blue rat would express the blue. Because the male carries the others there a chance he would pass them to his offspring. If the mum doesn't carry any of the above, there's only like a 25% chance the babies would carry the blues/lilac, but if the blue dad is used they would definitely carry blue. All would carry pink eye dilute as that's what the mum has.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay thanks! :)

The boys are brothers.

·
Registered
13,796 Posts
Yeah that's what I said, BB = british blue.

The blue or black buck (If they are brothers) would be carrying russian blue, british blue and chocolate, though obviously the blue rat would express the blue. Because the male carries the others there a chance he would pass them to his offspring. If the mum doesn't carry any of the above, there's only like a 25% chance the babies would carry the blues/lilac, but if the blue dad is used they would definitely carry blue. All would carry pink eye dilute as that's what the mum has.
sorry mis-understood what you meant.
by BB i thought you meant homozygous black because of the way you wrote it.....

as in
aa = self
bb = chocolate
BB = black
Bb= black carrying chocolate
pp = pink eyed etc etc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts