Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i'm trying to find someone who can offer 2 soft shells a home. They have been given to me and I cannot house them. They are aparently green soft shells but I think they are floridas as they look the same and I havn't heard of green soft shells before?! They are 1 1/2" and 2" long. smaller one has lost his tail. If anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated, I am in the midlands, Solihull or Coventry area.

·
Premium Member
4,677 Posts
Hiya, they sound like chinese softshell turtles. How are you housing them at the moment? (they need really good filtration and a sandy substrate).... and you may be better separating them as they can be aggressive to each other (sounds like they have been already!)

I'm fairly local to you - I can't take them on, but if I can help at all, let me know :2thumb:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi, I've got them in a small tank with sand and a little filter, its all I could get together for them. They have plenty of hides and seem ok. The lady who had them before me didn't have a clue and was wanting to put them into a river!!!! some people are ridiculous.

·
Premium Member
4,677 Posts
hi, I've got them in a small tank with sand and a little filter, its all I could get together for them. They have plenty of hides and seem ok. The lady who had them before me didn't have a clue and was wanting to put them into a river!!!! some people are ridiculous.
Well they sound better off with you - thats for sure! some people!! :gasp::devil:

Well done for taking them :2thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts