Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, i have looked on all the food list's ect ..

I know they can have watercress, but are they allowed "Pepery Watercress"? Cos by accident we bought a fukll large bag of it :bash:

Also what about pepery wild rocket?

thanx

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
All of my herbivores get the stronger-tasting cress periodically, and rocket. Some of them dont care much for the stronger taste, but there isnt anything wrong with it.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All of my herbivores get the stronger-tasting cress periodically, and rocket. Some of them dont care much for the stronger taste, but there isnt anything wrong with it.
Thanx :2thumb:

Just guna wait for some more confirmation as i see most of your lizards are skinks or bosc's ...

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
Thanx :2thumb:

Just guna wait for some more confirmation as i see most of your lizards are skinks or bosc's ...
I have a beardie and he eats nasturtium leaves which are hot, much hotter than peppery watercress. He likes anything with a storng flavous. Dunno why I'm responding though as you obviously don't believe me or anyone else who has responded.
Perhaps you should PM the people you would prefer to believe and ask them directly?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a beardie and he eats nasturtium leaves which are hot, much hotter than peppery watercress. He likes anything with a storng flavous. Dunno why I'm responding though as you obviously don't believe me or anyone else who has responded.
Perhaps you should PM the people you would prefer to believe and ask them directly?

:lol2: I wasnt meaning to sound rude just needing more confirmation, id rarther double or even quadrouple check thats its ok rarther than making my BD ill. Sorry if i came across rude and i do appreciate replying to the post.

: victory:

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I love peppery rocket...sometimes its a bit overpowering, but I just cant stop eating the stuff! Its almost "one for you, one for me!" when Im preparing everyones meals :)

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I love peppery rocket...sometimes its a bit overpowering, but I just cant stop eating the stuff! Its almost "one for you, one for me!" when Im preparing everyones meals :)
:lol2: Personally i think its disguisting way too overpowering .... but everyone has there own opinion :whistling2:

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
moriarty has just had his breakfast. 1 nasturtium leaf the size of a coffee mug round. I offered the leaf and he tore chunks out of it with relish. Then a dark older dandelion leaf (they taste stronger than new little ones).Then he wiped his face (which is shedding), said "fanks mum" and has settled under his basking light.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I tried to get some Nasturtiums recently for my baby chuck and nowhere has them as theyre out of season...what time of year are they usually around?

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
I tried to get some Nasturtiums recently for my baby chuck and nowhere has them as theyre out of season...what time of year are they usually around?
Been in my garden for the last month. I grow zillions of them as they are one of my fave garden flowers. Once you have planted them you will always have them as the grow year after year after year.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Bah, I must have just missed them - typical! :) I went for a Calendula marigold instead, quite pretty but I do like the look of the nasturtiums. Hibiscus are my favourite and theyre also edible for the lizards so its a double-bonus...but sadly I accidentally killed my hibiscus recently and havent got around to getting another :(

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Unless someones already mentioned it, but theres a topic/sticky lying around somewhere quoting all the dif types of veg and whether theyre any use to dragons.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts