Reptile Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says really, can someone recommend a good tripod?

I would like an all-rounder, but one mainly used for landsape/outdoor photography.

Fingers crossed I'll get a good bonus this month, so I can probably afford up to £150.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
A little over budget, but you would do well if you picked up the Manfrotto 055XPROB Pro Tripod with Manfrotto 488RC2 Midi Ball Head.

Alternatively take a look at the Manfrotto 190XPROB Tripod with Manfrotto 488RC2 Midi Ball Head, that should come in under budget.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A little over budget, but you would do well if you picked up the Manfrotto 055XPROB Pro Tripod with Manfrotto 488RC2 Midi Ball Head.

Alternatively take a look at the Manfrotto 190XPROB Tripod with Manfrotto 488RC2 Midi Ball Head, that should come in under budget.
Cheers, thanks for that.

The first one you mentioned with the head, comes in at about £170 on Amazon, it's only £20 more than budget, so I'll probably go for that.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Just noticed your location is Cardiff, I've had Walters in Caerphilly price match the web before - They'll usually do the web price + delivery and match it;

Walters Photo Video Ltd

Worth knowing just in case it comes in handy when you need something ASAP.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've had an interest in photography since I was a kid really, but I haven't done it properly since 6th form with an old film SLR. I'm just trying to get all the kit together bit by bit so I can start to take it seriously again. I would like to do an open university course, so ideally, I'd like to have most of the gear before I start that.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went for the Manfrotto 055XPROB Pro Tripod with Manfrotto 488RC2 Midi Ball Head - All for £165. Not too bad at all!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts