Reptile Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,

I'm currently building a reptile room and am considering the options for heating and monitoring the temperatures in the Vivs. I was wondering if anyone had experience which they can share on the best thermostats to use?

The set up is a built in unit covering two walls with a large angled viv in the middle. Vivs listed run left to right and all heights are 2ft.

Bottom:
3ft x 8ft x 6ft x 2ft Tegu (corner viv with an angled centre)
3ft x 2 ft - tba - prob another snake?

Middle:
2ft x 2ft - Hognose
3ft x 6ft x 6ft x 2ft Common Boa (male) (corner as above)
3ft x 2 ft - Ball Python

Top:
2ft x 2ft - Leopard Gecko
3ft x 6ft x 6ft x 2ft Coastal Carpet Python (corner as above)
3ft x 2 ft - Hogs Island Boas (Pair)

Storage:
Double cupboard housing electrics
Storage in corner unit
Single cupboard housing electrics

I'm looking at the Microstat range but their site isn't clear on the product comparisons. I already have 3 but was wondering if there was one that can connect to multiple viv's? Or what the best thing to do with the 3 large viv's where I'll need more than 1 heater to maintain the temperature.

Has anyone got experience with thermostats or this type of build which they can share? I need to get building asap but can't until I get this finalised.

Cheers,

Emma

·
Registered
990 Posts
I've tried a few like Habitat and lucky reptile but always end up sticking with the microclimate stats. There are a couple of stats that would run more than 1 viv but if a stat fails you're 2 or more vivs without heating. Personally I'd used the DL1 ME or the EVO. Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts