Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My other half and me may be getting a red knee given to us. Any advice?
Temps, humidity and foods?
Also what temprement are they we've been told they are not too bad but are buggers for flicking hairs.
: victory:
Cheers

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Google brachypelma smithi care sheet :)

temperament wise...my girl is not the friendliest.
She has always been quick to flick hairs and she is very fast, can't open her tub without her careering round it. Definitely not one for handling.
Generally they are supposed to be quite pleasant beasties though.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Brachypelma Best Brachy site on the web. Caresheet is basic but thats all they need.
Water dish (open dish), dry substrate, flowerpot hide and peat/verm mix for substrate.
Feed once a week on a couple of crickets or a locust. Change water weekly.
They dont do much hence the name...pet rocks. Brachypelma are my favourite genus :2thumb:

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
They dont do much hence the name...pet rocks.
lol my girl must be the exception to the rule shes an absolute mentalist!
she uproots anything thats not half buried and rolls it about all over the place, that and the afore mentioned careering about like shes on speed.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
lol my girl must be the exception to the rule shes an absolute mentalist!
she uproots anything thats not half buried and rolls it about all over the place, that and the afore mentioned careering about like shes on speed.
What substrate do you use and also what temps do you keep her at? Sometimes when Brachys are overly active they arent happy with something. How long have you had her?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.