Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was in a local pet store(so many threads start this way:bash: ) either way, they had a pair of redlegged torts, and one was acting like it wanted out, so i tracked down the kid working there and he got it out, theyre so adorable, and iv always liked turtles, and found wild box turtles around my house, but iv never owned a larger one(didnt buy it yet, but looking at care sheets and info on them online, and im curious, how fast do they grow?these are probably 2.5-3 inches from front tip to back tip(carapice) and thinking about getting one, read theyre great starter torts, though it would be a while before i could get it :(

·
Registered
8,167 Posts
so i was in a local pet store(so many threads start this way:bash: ) either way, they had a pair of redlegged torts, and one was acting like it wanted out, so i tracked down the kid working there and he got it out, theyre so adorable, and iv always liked turtles, and found wild box turtles around my house, but iv never owned a larger one(didnt buy it yet, but looking at care sheets and info on them online, and im curious, how fast do they grow?these are probably 2.5-3 inches from front tip to back tip(carapice) and thinking about getting one, read theyre great starter torts, though it would be a while before i could get it :(

Sorry I have never heard of red legged tortoises?
Any chance of pictures please?

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
yes there easy to keep , best kept in a viv on top soil covered in orcid bark sprayed at least daily to keep the humidity up at around 70%, don't use high light levels with them 5% uvb is ideal with a ceramic heater set at 30c day time and 22c night time. Hope this help's

Reactions: Zoo-Man

·
Banned
3,371 Posts
Do you mean Red Foot Tortoise?
A lot of dealers are now selling redfoots as red legged torts, shows how much they really know, a bit like when they sell horsfields as horsefields, sulcatas as sulcattas and when they mark nutrobal as nutrabol. It only takes a minute to check, but I guess money is the main priority :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts